2020 Hyundai Venue Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$17,350

Save as much as $2,031
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

everyone loves my car

Doug Crosby, 08/12/2020
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I did a lot of research and drove about ten different cars before buying this one. I was on my way to buy the Kia Soul that I had driven but wan't crazy about the looks. I had never driven a Hyundai product before so stopped by to try 2017 Tucson. I liked that car too but getting a new one over an used model was appealing. Salesman asked my what I wanted in a car. I told him I just wanted a backup camera, mostly quiet, and fwd as we have a bigger car at home that my wife drives. He got me into the 2020 Venue and I really liked it. As it is the baby brother to the Soul I just needed to do a little more research. Did that on my phone and came back and bought the car. In the last week at least 10 people have said they love the looks of the car. It is zippy and has responsive handling and gets 28 mpg with my lead foot. I couple of times I could have taken the big car but took the Venue instead as it more fun to drive. Plus free maintenance for three years. I took a friend out and now she wants one, too.

4 out of 5 stars

Good value for a tiny Flintstone Car.

BBQ Phil, 10/18/2020
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

For only 20K you get a make believe SUV with a lot of safety features , a power sunroof and great fuel economy. What more can you ask for in a New Vehicle at this price point with a 5 year 60 K bumper to bumper warranty and a reliable Hyundai product? 27 city and 34 highway mpg fuel economy ain't to shabby either.

Fun to drive

J and K, 11/20/2020
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Small but mighty. Sharp looking front wheel drive SUV with great handling and smooth performance

1 out of 5 stars

Transmission went out at 19k miles.

Wdean1992, 05/18/2021
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve owned this car since January of 2020, I’m extremely disappointed with this car. The car is not designed for people over 6ft tall. The transmission had to be replaced at 19k miles. I had heard good things about newer Hyundai’s after hearing terrible things about older ones. The newer ones are just as bad as the older ones in my book. No reliability. Other card of the same price ($23k) will last you longer.

2 out of 5 stars

Heater problems

Roland, 02/15/2021
Denim 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I live in Canada and we have cold winters. It takes a long time for this car to heat up. I am retired and don’t drive often. I have my Venue in a heated garage. I left the garage and drove about 10 minutes. It was still blowing cool air and the temperature gauge had only moved up a little. It should have been to running temperature by then. I had it checked out by Hyundai and they said nothing was wrong with the car. I do not recommend buying this car if you live in a cold winter climate. I do like the car but never would have bought it if I knew it had this problem.