Used 2008 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Time for new car
By Tina

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very reliable. Low maintenance cost for the 10 years I have owned.

The sexy little crossover that almost could!!!
By muranoman2012

2008 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What I liked about this compact crossover was the overall style (outside and in), the simple controls and A/C, the price, the medium gray interior which is hard to find now), the decent ride when first purchased, the best gear shifter ever seen, front air vents that could be aimed at your knees (also rare to find now since most cars have them too high on the dashboard), the perfectly placed dual cup holders between the shifter and middle arm rest, actual cup holders in the doors by the pockets (front and back), and a windshield that was easy to clean without using a step stool. As the tires lost tread, the ride got harsher. The cargo was on the small side so this wasn't made for long family trips. It also had a lot of road noise and would start to lean while cornering on the highway on sharp turns. One scary note though! When driving above 72 Mph, the steering wheel would get really light (not good at all) and frequent front wheel alignments on long drives (which was not done correctly at a Las Vegas, Nevada Hyundai Dealership and was kept for 3 hours wasting my vacation time). Also no backup monitor was ever offered (even as an option) and it really needed one! In the hot summer sun, the cloth door inserts would come loose (almost as if it was cheaply glued on by the factory) but would get tight again when the temperature cooled down. This vehicle also has a tendency to kick itself out of cruise control when going up steep hills on the highway and even worse, the dealership said it was normal (my current 2012 Nissan Murano never did that) and at that time I almost got rear ended by another vehicle who was following to close! My last complaint is that if you're over 5 foot, 8 inches you're going to hit your head at least every other day when you get into this car. I also didn't like to see so much of the hood (with bright oncoming headlights bouncing off and hitting my eyes at night). The rear cargo door that you had to use both hands to open. Bottom line-this is a city car at best with just adequate V6 power and it was intended to be more of a single person's car and I wouldn't suggest towing or carrying a lot of heavy stuff with it either!!

One of the most under rated small SUV's
By Bob Senter

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Super reliable, easy to live with, easy to drive and park, carries 5 people with ease, comfortable on long trips and tons of utility and space. Not the pretties SUV ever built but definitely one of the best.

POS avoid
By cetaceans

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Do not get. I bought brand new for fiancee at the time and before 40,000 had to replace clutch, power steering, alternator, etc. It had an electrical fire. Not comfortable at all. I am 5'6 and have to sit with knees rubbing the plastic under the wheel to press the clutch. Has so many airbags in little space that if I got into accident they would snap by neck. Two of the doors will not lock- not even manually. Power mirrors stopped working not a fuse. Still can not turn with out feeling like I am working out. Think 5 recall letters.

Love This SUV
By Love My First SUV

2008 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only owned this vehicle for a couple of months and I'm very pleased. This is my very first SUV. My sister owns a Sonata and my dad owns a 2007 Tucson and I've never heard them complain so I got one. My Tucson is a 2.0L 4-cyl but I like it. Could do a lot better on gas.

I love how the headlights turns off once the keys are removed from the ignition. Radio is also decent.

Make the center console armrest a little bigger