Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 615 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Junk
By GT

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hyundai missed the mark with the 2011. I have never had so many recalls in my life. Purchased as a used vehicle in 2013 with 29000 miles but horrible. At around 50000 miles I dealt with recalls for steering pump, engine, door locks, and the list goes on. I was told a had an oil leak that would cost over $2000 in repairs which, was found AFTER they supposedly replaced my engine during the recall campaign and added an extra 20,000 miles to the warranty. HOWEVER, I still dealt with Noisy ride, headlights constantly needed replacing brake repairs less than a year every year. Air doesn't get cool until you've arrived at your destination because you have to press the gas for it to get cool. It would not cool while car not in motion. Defroster did more fogging of the windows than clearing it for visibilty. Just throw the whole damn car away beacuse FINALLY, the engine has blown at 147,000 miles.

Garbage
By Karl

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Sonata Limited 2.0T in July 2014. Since then, I can’t count the times it has let me down. Steering. AC, brakes, turbo charger waste gate, etc. Latest problem is a blown blower motor and resister switch...no big deal unless you live in Arizona during the summer....this car is complete garbage.

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!
By I hate Hyundai

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first got this car it seemed fine, and now it’s been 4 years of problem after problem. First, the engine died on the interstate (before it was recalled). I had to get the A/C fixed, oil pump replaced, steering wheel sounds like it’s failing apart, cruise control doesn’t work, fuel door doesn’t open, paint is peeling in huge chunks, transmission is going out, tire pressure sensor is out, headlights SUCK, I basically LIVE with the check engine light on. Sure, gas mileage is great if my car can actually get me to my destination. Every day I wake up and wonder “will my car make it?” I have nightmares about being stuck with this car forever, but then I remember it probably won’t last another 1,000 miles. If you want a car that other people get into and say “what’s that noise?” Or “are you sure this is safe?”, then this is definitely the car for you!

Good Car BUT
By Larry Cox

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine replaced at 127,000 under warranty. Transmission failed and car had to be junked. Steering had to be replaced at 135,000. When working a good and comfortable car. Would buy another one if new.

Slick and Quick
By Charles M.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car and value