2018 Hyundai Kona Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Kona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Kona model:

Cute suv needs some pep
By Gina Passio

2018 Hyundai Kona SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Loved everything about the car except when accelerating on the highway was a little on the doggy side in economy mode, when in sport mode was definitely better

Love this car!
By Jean Haddon

2018 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have high praise for everything I've experienced with this car, having had it for only six weeks. The safety features are fantastic, especially the glass pop up screen that tells me my speed, shows me cars approaching on either side of me, and shows me my next navigation turn. It holds the road like a champ. It does everything automatically -- turns my lights on and off, turns the brights on and off, and runs the windshield wipers at whatever speed the rain requires. The electronics are a bit complicated, but very exciting once you've mastered them. (Love that it charges an i-phone 8 or higher by just lying it on the shelf under the dashboard.) I'm a senior and feel that this car makes me a far safer driver. It won't let me make a mistake. It beeps at me for everything from wandering out my lane to leaving my keys in the car. Navigation is not as good as Google maps, but I use it anyway as I like having my turns crop up on the glass panel. Also, really crowded in backseat with grandkids' babyseats. Think this new model offers a huge value for the price.

Love My Kona
By Laurie P.

2018 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I'm having so much fine driving it that I even look forward to the drive to work! Gas mileage is much better than I anticipated, but I do have a light foot after driving a Prius for 8 years. Visibility is great. Love the screen and electronics. My husband has a big SUV, so I didn't need too much cargo space. It works well for me. I love my surf blue Kona. Stands out in a sea of black, grey and white SUVs!

A good quality small SUV Crossover
By JB Smith

2018 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Has a lock-in AWD and a "Sport" driving mode. A Nice rear view camera and side and rear collision monitors.

Love the Kona!!!!!!!
By Alicia Lynn

2018 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Lakeland Automall is great! My salesman Malachi was so understanding in knowing exactly what I was looking for even so much so that he found my Hyundai Kona in the surf blue color I wanted and had it delivered right to my house! The Kona is so great with the amount that’s standard! This is my second Hyundai because I love what they offer so much!!!! I’m excited for my Kona and can’t wait to see what the future holds!!! I know it will definitely be another Hyundai that’s for sure!!!