Used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

could have bought a lexus but this is better
By george

2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is written June 2018, just a heads up for those thinking of a Genesis. We purchased new and still have it. In seven years it has not had one repair or one breakdown. This is my wife's car and she would not trade it for anything! I do all the maintenance and service it is for sure the easiest car to maintain ever( maybe all new cars are) brakes at about 55000, tires at about 50000 and we now have 88000 and going strong. I highly recommend the Genesis.

Hyundai yearly review
By Robert Lake

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love almost everything about this 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 vehicle. The 3 cons are, the seats are not comfortable after riding over 1 hour, long trips are hell. engine cold start goes beserk every winter when the temperature is cold it idles so rough you can’t drive it. I bring to the dealerships and they always say they can’t find nothing wrong. The electric system goes haywire sometimes like windows won’t go up or down, radio won’t come on and the engine won’t start. Turn everything off and walk away and 5 minutes later everything works fine. They got some serious qurks in the electrical system. I would not buy another Hyundai Genesis.

Luxury without breaking the bank
By Ruth

2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

At 100000 miles still rides like it is new

Second Time Around
By K.B.

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second time purchasing a Genesis. First one was 2012, the current one is 2011. The 2012 was a great car but after about two years I really wanted a Cadillac CTS which was a nice car but they charge for every little amenity. Their packages seem to leave out some of the best features. But after getting rid of that vehicle and dealing with Mercedes and BMW, I feel like I get the most for my money with Genesis. And much better reliability than the other brands.

Genesis in Durham
By Michael Johnson

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome car for the money. You can't beat the bells and whistles for the price. Also the maintenance was easy with regular gas and simple checkups. I highly recommend this car. I have the 4.6 engine.