Used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews

$7,579

Used Genesis Coupe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Superb sports car for the money.

UpInSmoke, 11/04/2010
3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After researching various vehicles, I decided on the Genesis Coupe, and boy am I pleased with my decision. Walked into a dealership without any intention on buying that day, but after one test drive, I was sold. The car handles great, performs even better, is surprisingly refined inside (especially with the new 2011 interior changes), and literally screams "Look at me!" from the outside. Even things that other critics cited as potential issues, such as a very bumpy ride on the track model and sub par sound from the infinity sound system, didn't seem justified from my experience so far. My only advice, leave the ESC "ON" until you become accustomed to the power and handling of this beast!

5 out of 5 stars

Best Bang for the Buck

merft, 01/10/2011
3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've been watching the GC for a couple years and waited to see first year impressions. After test driving the equivalent Camaro and Mustang, by price, what sold me was the handling of the Genesis. Going fast is nice but where other than the track can you do it legally? However, get the Genesis on some curvy mountain roads and the competitors pale in comparison. I am in love with this car and have no regrets or complaints.

Fabulous Car

rphello101, 02/05/2015
3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my car for almost 2 years now and I love it. Ride is acceptable. Handling is very good. Power is phenomenal. Absolutely no issues with it. Build quality is quite good. Sat nav is next to useless - maps are outdated. iPod and Bluetooth connectivity are fantastic - interface lacks a bit. Infinity sound system is fantastic. Maintenance is cheap. I have two formal complaints: the traction control is absolutely horrible. It allows for 0 tire slip - very safe, but not fun. It will practically put your head thru the windshield when it kicks on. Take it off and you'll end up backwards. Secondly, the exhaust sounds like it came off the Elantra. I'm in a big V6 sports car - sound like it!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Great first car.

mrgovenator, 10/30/2014
3.8 R-Spec 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great first purchase. On the used market it hard to beat the value of these cars. You get so much for so little. You get a well laid out interior. Some material quality is questionable, such as the some cheap leather, but most the plastics are soft touch or have a rubber coating. And the exterior is gorgeous in my opinion. You get a great power plant under the hood, that gives other cars of this price a run for the money. Only real issue is the 6 speed transmission, it feels cheap and clunky. Can you live with it daily though? For me, yes. The total value out weighs this one problem. The seats hold you in place very well, and feel nice for the price point.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Fast, Fun to drive coupe at a budget price

po_an, 07/06/2011
3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Black Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love my gen coupe - its fast, its sexy. Not the best looking from the front, but the shape rocks and the rear is superb. Turns more heads than any other car under 50k The 3.8 GT and track features are more than those found on the base models of cars upwards of 30k.. Superb value at its price the rear seat has great legroom, although headroom is limited. Short people and kids will fit in comfortably