Used 2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

The 3rd transmission and still the same problem
By ceoevans

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought an used 2013 (40,000mi) Equus Signature being one of three that I purchased to serve in my town car fleet. The other 2 were Ultimates. After driving it only 2200 miles the transmission went bad so under the conditions of the warranty I took it in. They claimed to have replaced it after 3 weeks to have me return it the same day with the same problem. So I had to wait another 3 weeks as they said they put in another transmission in it. Well I got it back and was able to drive it 3 months before it started the problem again. If this is a warranty??? this is how to sell Excell's not an Equus. Buyers beware of the g90 they have the same 8 speed transmission.

Equus excellent car for the money
By Guy Fox

2013 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is a lot of car for the money, however, the resale value is low compared to the car. I have had my Equus for 5 1/2 years and have had no roblems except for the side mirrors driver side where I have to adjust it every time Had the dealer fix several times, but still not quite right. The maintenance service has been excellent and the Equus drives very well with absolutely no problems. The design of the 2013 was great and still looks classic. Plenty of trunk room compared to Mercedes. Very comfortable ride

Bought Used 2013
By Paul I.

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Car was 3 years old with 25,000 miles. I went from a Lincoln Town Car and, at first, was a little disappointed in the Equus. The Lincoln had less tire noise and quieter at high speeds. Seating comfort and roominess are about equal.But after almost a year of driving the Equus, I find the ease of handling superior to the Town Car and when I punch the gas to the V8 to get on a crowded Calif. fwy., the Equus has it all over the Town Car. After 10,000 miles of driving, performance and ease of handling has convinced me to buy another Hyundai luxury car.

Mine is 5 years old!
By Rob S

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have a 13 which is basically the same car as the 16. It has cost me zero in maintenance. After 38 months and 45,000 miles I noticed the top of the headlights were starting to show "yellowing". This car stays in the garage. I mentioned it to the dealer when it was being serviced. Hyundai replaced the headlight assemblies. The car has been rock solid. The only issue was when it was less than a month old the seat massager went out, it was replaced under warranty.

It is now 4 years old, it still runs and looks new...no problems.

It is now 5 years old...seat massager went out again, it was replaced under warranty. Very satisfied.

Hamdogan
By Harris Dogan

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've owed this car (2013 hyundai equus) for the past 3 years and are very pleased with the performance. I am ready to purchased another, a 2016 in which I have started the process.