Used 2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Sad to trade at 194,000

tommyz504, 08/08/2013
GLS 4dr Wagon

This little car has performed so reliably I hate to see it go. Comfortable interior (though the cup holders are truly miserable), nice handling, zippier than you might expect. Bought used at 121,000; up to 185k car spent only one day out of service. New Orleans streets took out a U-joint at 125k; brakes at 150k, gasket at 175k, high pressure hose around the same time, 2 alternators in 6 years, and belts from time to time. Timing belt at 185k. Minor interior nuisances: rear window motors out at 130k, driver door handle failed, driver's window gasket out of line. City mpg was always a bit disappointing: steady at 18 mpg, much better on the hwy. Still, it was a great way to get around town.

Still going strong after 210,000 miles

Bought new, 05/20/2008
GLS 4dr Wagon

Upon deciding if I wanted a new car or not, my thought was basically this: Invest 1,200 dollars into an 8 year old car with 209,000 miles, and drive it for 2 more years, or buy a new one and have a 500 a month car payment for 3 years. I no longer drive 35,000 miles a year, so the deciding factor for me was doing a compression test on the engine. It was still well within factory specs., and it uses NO oil between oil changes. The body is still in good shape, everything still works fine. Why buy a new one? I will say I have changed the oil every 3k miles with fully synthetic oil, Slick 50 every 50,000 miles, timing belt with exterior belts every 60k, and regular tune-ups.

Review of our Hyundia Elantra Wagon.

Ralph Jones, 12/22/2005
GLS 4dr Wagon

Has been an excellent vehicle for us. We spent two summers traveling, 8500 and 11500 miles respectively. Very, very comfortable for it's size. Gas mileage is generally in the 28-33 mpg range. As a spunky engine which if pushed on starts will drop mpg to 25. Have run Mobil 1 which has kept wear to a minimum apparently, since doesn't require addl. oil between 3500-4000 changes. No maintence beyond standard belts, transmission oil changes every 30,000, tires and battery change.

hyundai is the best

elieser castillo, 02/29/2016
GLS 4dr Wagon

this car is the best car of the word. i like is my baby

I [heart] my Hyundai!

Petrina, 05/17/2008
GLS 4dr Wagon

This is the second Hyundai I've owned (first was an Excel). Bought it used 6 years ago and haven't had a major issue, just routine maintenance. The one thing that I would note with Hyundais is that some minor issues do crop up-- like, the driver's side power window is out of alignment, the lid to the storage compartment b/w the seats broke off, the front passenger door is a little tough to open no matter how much it's lubricated. Like I said, all MINOR issues. It's a VERY reliable vehicle and I would DEFINITELY buy an Elantra again.

12345...7