MSRP Starting at
$20,650

Save as much as $1,473
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

BEST AUTOMOBILE I'VE EVER OWNED... HANDS DOWN!!!!!

Joseph H., 01/16/2020
N Line 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I prefer hatchbacks when everyone else is going to small, crossover SUV's. I like the feel of a sedan but enjoy having the storage capacity of a small SUV. I looked at other hatchbacks (Chevy Cruze, Honda Civic, Volkswagen Golf, Subaru Impreza, and the Mazda 3). The Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line with the tech package was the clear choice for me based on roominess/storage, power, and features (I REALLY wanted heated AND ventilated seats). The 1.6 liter turbo beats most of the other vehicles in horsepower and torque (the Volkswagen wins that) but NOTHING else compares in terms of safety features and options for comfort and convenience. It has a panoramic roof... in this class!!! They are also virtual unicorns as you will rarely see an N-Line model. The leather seats are well bolstered and very comfortable on long drives (I had to drive 900 miles round trip to get mine and I got a great deal). I would buy this vehicle again and again. My only complaint (and it's a minor, small one that doesn't warrant a star deduction) is that the glove box doesn't have a light or lock....poor me. I HIGHLY recommended this vehicle!!!!

Happy So Far . . .

Fred, 12/10/2019
N Line 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've only had it a week, but it's a great car so far. Got the 6 speed manual. Averaging 28 MPGs in the first 500 miles. Car is much more fun to drive than my old SUV. Missing power seats and lumbar support, but is that really an issue once you find the right seat position? Sound system could be a little louder, but it might also be my old ears, too. Carplay is wonderful - I had no idea what I was missing. Auto Hold is another gem that comes in handy, especially when stopped on a hill in a manual. I wanted something practical to commute to work, while still smiling on occasion. The N-Line fits that bill quite nicely for me. Had a great experience at the dealer, too - zero pressure. Sad to hear some folks struggle at their Hyundai dealers; I had a very positive experience. I've already referred a few folks to that dealership.

Loving my purchase

Eric, 11/11/2020
N Line 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Six months later, I can confirm what I originally wrote in November 2020: this car is a hidden gem. There aren’t many out there, especially in the N-Line trim. This isn’t a bad thing. I like that I don’t have a vehicle everyone owns, such as a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Those who know this car, knows its capabilities and its shortcomings. The car is quick enough for my tastes. The performance of the engine is nice. I do wish it had more exhaust noise, like the Veloster N. It’s handles well even without a limited slip differential, although it would have been nice to have. I’m pleased with this car’s overall performance. Inside, I like the interior. The seats are very comfortable. I have the Tech Package, and the panoramic sunroof is wonderful. There is room for what I need. My only nitpick is the Infinity sound system. It’s ok, but not as much punch as I’d like. In regards to cargo space, it’s larger than that in a Kona, which I was cross-shooting. I don’t need to carry passengers often and when I go to the warehouse club, everything fits fine. I prefer the exterior design over the new one. Too many angles for my taste and I don’t believe it will age well over time. Hyundai no longer offers the hatchback, which I prefer. And while the new models come with blind spot detection, I like having full leather seating. The new N-Line has a leather-cloth combination. So, to conclude, this is a fine car for those who value something kinda retro cool yet modern. It’s not a VW GTI, without question. But what it can be is a fun, practical vehicle with a canvas for modifications, should one be interested. Hyundai has their N Performance cars and those mods are becoming available, which means they can be fitted to this car as well. As of this writing, there are fewer than 10 N-Lines out there in the US that are new for sale. A deal can be made. If you want one, grab it while you can.

Fun car

Bob, 03/06/2020
N Line 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car for 3 months now and about 1300 miles and I LOVE this car. I went looking for a fun car with a 6sp manual and the Elantra gt n line was on my short list after driving it. Vary VW in its styling that is understated unlike Honda. I had no problems finding the perfect driving position. MPG had been good I’m averaging 30+. This is my weekend car my dally is a full-size Chevy truck. So for me it’s better then double what I’m getting everyday. My dealership experience was also one of the best I have ever had. My sails guy knew exactly what I was looking for and why. He let me drive several manual cars even pulled one out of the show room for me. Even let me have a go in a Voloster N. He told me to take as long as I needed to drive them. My only complaint about the car is I feel like it’s a missed opportunity for Hyundai to attract people that enjoy driving to the brand. No one knows what this car is because Hyundai doesn’t really market it vary hard. And I really wish they would split the tech package up and offer half of it with the manual. I get you probably can’t do the adaptive cruse and the lane keeping with a manual. But I should be able to get the pano roof, heated wheel, cooled seats and the better sound system. I don’t like that Hyundai makes you feel like your getting penalized for buying the car with the correct transmission.

Love it still

A Gen X guy from the West Coast, 01/07/2021
N Line 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

It is NOT a VW GTI. It’s not Honda Civic SI. It is a Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line. Meaning, this vehicle can do most of the performance at a lower price point. If you want more, go get it. To me, this car suits my needs. It’s fast enough, handles great, has a really good interior space and packaging and doesn’t scream immaturity like some of the other choices out there. Some people, like myself, don’t want to flaunt our cars like kids. I wanted a car that does what it’s supposed to do and do it well. I wanted it at a price point where we can actually afford to keep it; something other than a CUV or SUV. It should be reliable and comfortable. This is a fun car. Perfect? No. But I do enjoy knowing there aren’t hundreds of these cars lurking the streets, roads and boulevards, such as Honda Civic SI’s, VW GTI’s. It’s different. I liked and bought this car because it’s a bit old school, with modern technology and safety. I suggest you drive it and form your own opinions. You may actually like it..if you can find one. There aren’t many left. They (Hyundai) decided to discontinue this current design for 2020. UPDATE: After nearly eight months of ownership, I’m still pleased. It has enough get up and go. Fuel economy is ok, especially if I drive it gingerly. But this car asks to be pushed. When I step on it, it seems to come alive. The handling is its best trait. The interior suits me fine. Comfortable for trips and in stop and go traffic. The sound system is the only weak spot inside. It’s not what I consider premium, even with the Technology package. No issues with its reliability. Aside from oil changes, nothing to report. Still love it.