Used 2011 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Element Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

That Element though....
By Robert Sale

2011 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my Element. Only complaint is that it can be noisy on the freeway. Very reliable, goes like a mother [non-permissible content removed] in the snow. Great cargo capacity for camping, road tripping etc...gets good fuel mileage, almost zero maintenance other than oil changes. Love this vehicle!

Perfect for my lifestyle...but want something else
By Matt Larson

2011 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda, as usual, really thought through the design of this car. It is the most amazing combination of utility and flexibility I have ever owned.....aside from my 2003 Element. As a serious cyclist, this car is absolutely perfect; I can roll 2 bikes in the back (with rear seats removed, or hinged up on their sides) without taking wheels off, put gear in, and still have room to bring back several grocery bags full of stuff. I've been able to haul tons of oddly shaped, and occasionally very large, items in the back. LOVE the utility of the car. The car, given that it is a big giant box on wheels, accelerates, corners, and brakes surprisingly well. The turning circle is one of the smallest (making the car supremely maneuverable) that I've ever been in. The 4-wheel drive is completely unobtrusive and works GREAT in snow and ice.....saved my butt several times. Now, it's time for the gripes....which unfortunately are many: the car is NOISY....hard to have a conversation when at highway speeds, gas mileage is around 20 mpg no matter how I drive (I'm excited when I get 22 on the highway!) which bugs me greatly for a 4 cylinder car, the seats start out ok, but after about 50k miles get just plain uncomfortable.....and that was with me getting extra foam installed when they were new!, the car develops rattles after 60k, and the ride quality is pretty harsh. I really wish that Acura had done an upmarket version of this car, I GLADLY would've paid the price for a quieter, better handling, more comfortable car with some more creature comforts. Instead, Honda just stopped making this truly one of a kind vehicle, and now I'm stuck. I cried when someone hit me and totalled the car. What else can I get that even comes close to this incredible combination of attributes that happens to fit my life to a T?

Overrated
By ahjah9

2011 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 last yr and had it for a few months. Pros: Easy to clean, esp vinyl flooring, which is a must w/dogs. Able to remove back seats for more room. Consistent 25 mpg.
Cons: No telescopic steering wheel, hard, uncomfortable seats, other than power windows/locks, there was nothing updated. Suicide doors were horrible, as were vent windows. How this vehicle was aimed for dogs is beyond me. It should have been 4 doors, all windows could fully open even the back one. Sluggish and the place to charge a phone was also at a inconvenient area.

Vinyl flooring Consistently got 25 mpg Ability to have back seats in several different ways, including removing them, giving more space.

Since it was aimed at dog owners, it should have been more dog friendly. Having vent windows was ridiculous as they are useless! There was really no air flow. the back windows should have been fully operational and the back window should have had the ability to open as well. That would have been more dog friendly. Suicide doors weren't good either. Plus, there should have been a telescopic steering wheel, as it was uncomfortable to drive. Seats should have been comfortable and for the price, there should have been basic options, like Bluetooth. The charger outlet was near the glove box instead of near the driver...bad placement.

Element has Gone to the Dogs
By dano100

2011 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife hounded (no pun intended) me until we bought a new Element. I am a Honda Sales Consultant and knew the one we had in stock would be one of the last new ones we would be getting so we traded our old 4Runner in on it. The Element is a blast to drive (I also own an S2000) and is the perfect vehicle for our 2 Boxers and a Bulldog to ride in. It is also a great car to take to Lowes or Home Depot.

Averaging 24-26mpg on the highway, 19-21mpg in the city. Decent sound system and lots of utility.

2011 Honda Element EX 4x4 5SD AT
By mcc12

2011 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent Vehicle in so many ways. Great design with the Honda badge. This is my 4th Honda dating back to 1977. Wide open design allows for a great view of the road and all the way around. Tall enough to actually see a lot of sky while driving making the view exceptional. Very easy access for a guy of 50 years old. No twisting your back up to access a smaller or lower car. Very roomy interior, great driving position. It is actually quite comfortable on a longer drive. Tons of room in the back for most anything that does not require a truck to haul.

I honestly think for the money this is the most well designed vehicle mae. I sure hate to see production stop on these little gems.

All the room, Access, driving position and a great view. And my wife, she loves it. Omnie Pearl Blue color. AWD handling is good.

Don't stop making them. Nothing to complain about.