2018 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Sport Hatch is where its at!
By Scott Eads

2018 Honda Civic Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Honestly I wanted a sports car, but it just wasn't the right time. Maybe in a few years, but even then this car is NOT leaving our family. I plan on having it till the wheels fall off. It is just a great car to own and drive. You will not be disappointed by the civic at all. It has plenty of power, but I'm addicted to speed so I always want more. I highly recommend this vehicle. I highly recommend the hatchback sport because it has everything you need and nothing you dont. Plus they look pretty sporty.

Great
By Mini

2018 Honda Civic EX-T 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great car fuel economy and very comfortable to drive.

Overall, quality car! 4/5 Stars!
By Henry

2018 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have test drove many different types of vehicles prior to settling on this one. This Honda Civic has the easiest steering and handling of all the cars I test drove. For those who have weak arms or are suffering from some sort of disability with their arms, I highly recommend driving the Civic. After my accident, I've had trouble turning my steering wheel (especially when trying to turn left or make a u-turn), but not with this car! It feels like my arm was never broken when I drive behind this thing. It has a great turn radius as well. The gas is pretty alright on this car - takes me about 1-1.5 weeks before I have to refill my tank - mainly because I live in California and that traffic is just terrible on the MPG. If you like listening to music (especially music with a lot of bass), it's better to go with the Touring. Unfortunately, I didn't (I went with the EX-L), so my sound system isn't all that great. My 2010 Nissan Altima had a MUCH MUCH MUCH better stereo system (Bose), so it was a joy riding that car. My altima also had very very little cabin noise. The new Honda Civic has a bit more cabin noise, which I'm personally not a fan of. I prefer it to be quiet (aside from my music). For a second to top tier trim level, I was pretty disappointed that it lacked some of the qualities my altima has even though my altima was just a second trim with a convenience package (altima 2.5s). Otherwise, great car. So far, works the way it is expected to.

Absolute PERFECT car for smaller woman!
By Kathy F

2018 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am a 5’I woman, who recently brought a 2018 Civic. I have been through three cars in the last three years, two of them being brand new Honda products. (Accord & CR-V). Had NO IDEA how the scale of the car would affect my sense of control, comfort and enjoyment! I..am.. in..car..heaven! It is a FABULOUS car for anyone, but is the PERFECT car for the ‘height challenged’. IF YOU ARE, DO NOT BUY A CAR UNTIL YOU TEST DRIVE THIS ONE!

Fun Sporty and Safe
By Justin

2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is an amazing car especially for its class. The 1.5 turbo has tons of power and still has super good fuel economy. It's not sports car fast but for everyday drivability it feels a lot faster than it is and always has quick pickup with the low end torque. The top end power you do notice it starts to die out compared to actual performance cars but it is way faster than anything else in its class. The sport touring does recommend Premium fuel though but you can use regular. I always use premium though. The car also handles great and drives smooth. The hatchback is very useful and you can fit a lot of stuff in it when you fold the rear seats down. All the cabin materials in the sport touring trim are top notch soft touch. There is no hard plastics or cheap materials. The stock sounds systems with the sub also sounds very good. The Honda lane watch is one of my favorite features and provides a lot of safety especially in rush hour and makes switching multiple lanes of traffic a breeze. The adaptive cruise control also works great but is a little sensitive where it slows down and leaves too much space between cars for my liking but it is safe. It can also pretty much drive itself on the highway with the adaptive cruise control and follows the lane markings and even steers. If you let go of the steering wheel though it will give a warning and tell you to hold it. The automatic breaking works great. The car is also extremely safe. I owned a 2016 Honda civic and was t-boned by a pickup truck going over 50mph and was able to walk away with only minor bruises and being a little sore. The car was completely totaled but overall I was fine. My biggest complaint would be the infotainment is kind of slow and the navigation system does not work the best but you can always use android auto or apple carplay so not too big of a deal. I also live in Arizona so having the remote start is great. I start the car from my office before I leave work and it cools it down quite a bit. I also like that the car has an actual spare tire. The only 2 things to improve for me personally would be more top end power even though the car is fast and improved navigation/infotainment system.