2017 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Slick and fast
By Gary

2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is amazing, safest vehicle on the road in crash safety ratings in its class. The sensing package is great for long distance driving adaptive cruise control lane keep assist. I can literally use my knees rested on steering wheel to drive the car on highway. Interior is nice. Now the flaws. Sensing has issues in heavy rain or snow. The headlights could be brighter. The wheel wells vs size of wheels. Seems that the wheels could of been a bit bigger. Handles like a dream though, touchy brakes make you feel safe. Trunk has adequate space with fold down seats. It's clean will turn heads. And get you compliments. Gas mileage varies on how you drive coming home from WV i achieved 41 plus on highway using cruise control. 2.0 liter has ample power and gas gage will drop when laying into gas. No e brake only a little electronic switch. Lots of add on a for interior available. If you tint the rear window it will become almost impossible to reverse without the back up camera at night. All in all though I love mine. No serious maintenance only routine oil changes. And whatever scheduled maintenance says.

LOVE MY HONDA CIVIC
By PHORONG

2017 Honda Civic LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

GOOD RIDE GOOD PRICE GOOD OVERALL

Very Satisfied Customer
By K. Eubank

2017 Honda Civic EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I refer to this car as my “forever car” or “mid-life crisis” car. This car is comfortable and has all the bells and whistles. Very sporty looking and great gas milage. I get a lot of compliments on it. I’m sure if I take care of it as I should, it should last me for many, many years.

LX 6M
By Rick

2017 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This 2017 Civic LX I have owned for over a year and put 13.8k on it driving to Maine and Florida. Even with lack of lumbar adjustment the seat is comfortable for long day of driving. The car is peppy and the handling is actually fun. The trunk is good sized and doing doing chores and grocery shopping etc are made easier with nice lift over height. My mileage on trips is well over 40 usually around 43.6mpg. My around town mileage is around 30-36mpg. I do not beat the car but I do drive 70+ on the Thurways. It drives and feels like the day I picked it up new. I would highly recommend. Room for four and it makes the driver feel like he is in a sports car.

STAY AWAY(DO NOT BUY) 2017 CIVIC
By Dont repeat my mistake

2017 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off bought a brand new 2017 Civic with 6 miles on it and was initially satisfied even though these cars are somewhat overpriced. 3 weeks in and 1500 miles later an AC hose and another AC related component literally fell from underneath the dash board while I was driving. Called the dealer who sold me the car and he could care less about me or my issue and simply said "lets play devils advocate if u complain Honda could simply say its how u drive the car and what u use it for that caused these AC components to fall from underneath the dashboard" keep in mind I paid $3048 for a warranty so he says take it to Honda repair....I do they fix it and im on my way. A month later the rear interior carpet starts to come loose from the frame (YouTube this issue other 2016/17 civic owners have the same problem) fast foward 13 months 50,000 miles later the AC stops working. I live in NYC where its only hot for 11 weeks a year so this AC only lasted 1 summer before it crapped out. Again I go to the dealer and in the midst of a week long 100 degree heat wave I have no AC....it takes the dealer 3 WEEKS to finally get the clutch and coil the 2 parts that due to mechanical failure stopped the AC from working. The Honda parts and repair manager of this particular facility simply said BLAME HONDA its not us is HONDA. My first brand new Honda experience was ruined and I will NEVER purchase another car new or used from any Honda dealer again. The only thing impressive about the 2017 Civic is its mpg, other than that your in for a headache with this car.