Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Car for the People

Mary, 11/17/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am in my 60s and I cannot see the front end of my 2012 Civic. I will be taking it back. Honda is making cars for the dumbing down public. If you cannot see the front when driving, then you and everyone else is at risk.

A great little car!

papalogan, 06/09/2012

This is our 4th Honda (previously had an Accord, CR-V, and Pilot). We bought this EX-L to use mainly as a commuter car for me. We've had it about 2 months now, and I've already got just over 3K miles on it. Gas mileage has been great, it's comfortable, and wind noise is minimal. I know it's considered a "compact" car, but it feels anything but compact. In fact, it feels about the same size as our '90 Accord! Overall, we're very pleased with our purchase.

Amazing little car!

rngade, 06/21/2011

We were originally going to get an Accord, but decided to take a good look at the 2012 Civic, because it was redesigned and just seemed to offer a lot for the money. It doesn't disappoint! One of the complaints often heard about the last gen Civic was road noise. They have addressed that with the 2012 model. The overall ride is superb, we thought we would need an Accord before getting this level of quality. It does not feel like an economy car at all!

So Far, So Good

Oliver Brooks, 12/20/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We have been very happy with this car so far in almost all regards. The older entertainment system is a little finicky with my iPhone, but all in all, that's a pretty small complaint. We have put a lot of miles on it since we got it and it's been outstanding. So happy we got it.

2012 Civic

Sarah, 01/02/2017
EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 4 door 2012 Civic used a year and a half ago. When the dealership prepped it and changed the oil they forgot to put the oil cap back on and oil spilled. That was more of an individual dealership thing and has not effected the car. My only complaint is that for some reason when I turn it on and idle on a cold engine there is a loud humming noise from the back of the car that increases then goes away. I have brought it to 3 mechanics and none of them can figure out what is wrong. Gas mileage is great. It's gone down lately because of the winter but I'm still getting 33.6 mpgs. Summer I got 34.5. Love this car!

CNG Automobile has carpool access

John Cox, 02/25/2018
DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda Civic performance is excellent, but CNG vehicle carpool access is awesome for a commuter.

150 HP Gas Saver

Mountain MaMa, 06/06/2019
EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has ample cargo room and takes the load it bears over mountains, going from 5000 ft elevation to 1000 in half an hour, with ease of power. Yep, to get to town or work, thats what I climb or descend, so HP is very important. I have not had any repairs in 90K miles of driving it. I have changed my own oil, coolant, and transmission oil with no struggle. I sometimes wear earplugs to listen to my radio on my phone and so I have to cut off the bluetooth on the counsel.....because road noise is the downside and have replaced tires every 40K just trying to improve the ride and get some silence, but even premium tires cannot make the ride quieter.so Honda has room for improvement but overall, what a gas saver...

Can be modified

T, 05/17/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Smaller trunk which is fine for me, haven’t had a problem in the last two most I had it got it with 105,500 miles and now has 106,620. I put wheels, banner, carbon fiber wing with Borla exhaust, LED’s it looks great.

Scary in the rain

Jeremy, 09/20/2020
EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 1 mile on the odometer and at first loved it. Over the years 3 issues have happened enough to make me hate the car. 1. So scary in the rain. Light rain and low speed hydroplanes are not fun. Any rain and high speed hydroplanes are even less fun. Several times I have slid across a freeway because of this cars absolute inability to handle rain. 2. Wind noise and Road noise - so loud... I am exhausted by the beating the noise gives me on the freeway. 3. Electrical issues - battery dies just annually. The windows will sometimes get stuck down once lowered and will not go back up. The built charger doesn’t work. The car burns up replacement chargers. Stupid electrical nonsense. Overall it got the job done in a loud and scary manner. If your down with being yelled at by the wind and with sliding across the freeway this car is for you.

51050