Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 608 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great reliable vechicle
By Matthew Long

2005 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 2005 Honda Accord for a year and put about 20,000 miles down. I never had any major isssues just small ones. Basically, the 2005-2007 Accords are probably the best value cars you can buy. They have timing chains, so that’s one thing less you have to worry about, and they’re very reliable, if proper care is taken. Some of the bad, the front brakes are notoriously bad. Do not buy cheap front brakes or pads, buy high quality parts, like EBC. These motors are also notorious for burning oil. Be sure to check the oil often. Overall, it’s a great car for anyone and I highly recommend it.

Best car I've ever owned
By Hannah

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Honda as a replacement for my 2003 Pontiac grand prix (which was a piece of crap). I bought my Honda with 167,000 miles on it and it currently has 219,000 on it. It has been a wonderful car and I cannot rave enough about it. I've only had to do minor maintenance on it and it's been worth every penny I've spent. Not only does it drive smooth and work great but it has character, it's not like driving a run of the mill mid-priced sedan, it's fun to drive and definitely has pep to it even with it being 13 years old. My next car is definitely going to be a Honda and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a car.

Honda 2005 accord
By Paul OC

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great machine

This is a fantastic car
By William

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. I've had it for 7 years and it's my 3rd Accord. It's the newest car I've ever owned so that does affect my perspective. However, this car is still so nice. It's amazing to me that at 11 years old, it still feels brand new. It drives amazing, has had great fuel economy, and looks great. I still get between 19-21mpg in town and 31 on the highway. I never guessed an 11 year old car could still get 30 miles to the gallon. The paint job has held up well compared to my previous accords. The only thing that had to be changed was the throttle body when the gear shift stuck. Other than that, it has been so cheap to maintain. I have put hardly any money into this car and it runs like a champ. I started with 86k miles and now have 212,000 with no problems. I would buy this car over again in a heartbeat. I hope when it dies, the new Accords are still made as well as this one.

2nd 7th generation Honda Accord owner
By BamaLife518

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Onto my second 7th generation Honda Accord, my first being a 2004 Honda Accord EX 4cyl, now bought a 2005 LX sedan 4cyl, comparatively the LX is basically the same exact car minus the sunroof and steering wheel controls, plus the LX has 15 inch steelies and the EX had the much more attractive 16 inch alloys, honestly, I could care less for the EX anymore, it's just more money and possibly more problems as I remember the EX had to have the weatherstripping periodically fixed on the sunroof, which just became a hassle each time I wanted to use it (fixed myself repeatedly with a screwdriver re-aligning the weatherstripping), the LX is reliable, currently holding at 173k and as usual, it looks sporty, but it's slow on take off, boring on long rides, and unimpressive in the fuel economy department, but it is visually appealing compared to a Toyota Camry of the same year, still both cars are undeniably reliable, just wish they both had better take off and were a little more driver oriented. My only real complaint is that the suspension (which has been replaced because every bump was unforgiving, is still... unforgiving) nothing has helped the horrible ride on even the smallest bumps and I'm running general RT43 tires, which aren't the best by any means on this car. I can say though that the accord is WAY better in the snow than my old 2002 Honda Civic EX which was almost scary and I pride myself on my abilities in snow, I recommend using Goodyear Ultra-grip tires and it transforms the Accord into a tank in the snow, I love the front end appearance of the car and love how it looks fast but it's frankly not.