Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 611 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great if taller than 5’4
By Alexandra

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used Honda Accord coupe last year for my second car. It only had 50k miles on it! It was all good when only test driving it once. My only issue is blind spots. Even if I raise my seat as high as it will go I have difficulty seeing. My grandfather is taller than me and says he can see perfectly fine. I’m assuming it’s just my height. Other than that it’s a reliable car and gets good gas mileage.

Handles well and picks up fast
By Cy

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I honestly love how the car is designed. It’s handled amazing and picks up when you give it some gas. The shift timing could be improved but getting the car up to 140mph was nice to see how far it can go.

Sweet '05 Accord
By Rian

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Few complaints - batteries & tires mostly. Started using oil after 330,000 miles, but still runs nice.

Great reliable vechicle
By Matthew Long

2005 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 2005 Honda Accord for a year and put about 20,000 miles down. I never had any major isssues just small ones. Basically, the 2005-2007 Accords are probably the best value cars you can buy. They have timing chains, so that’s one thing less you have to worry about, and they’re very reliable, if proper care is taken. Some of the bad, the front brakes are notoriously bad. Do not buy cheap front brakes or pads, buy high quality parts, like EBC. These motors are also notorious for burning oil. Be sure to check the oil often. Overall, it’s a great car for anyone and I highly recommend it.

Best car I've ever owned
By Hannah

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Honda as a replacement for my 2003 Pontiac grand prix (which was a piece of crap). I bought my Honda with 167,000 miles on it and it currently has 219,000 on it. It has been a wonderful car and I cannot rave enough about it. I've only had to do minor maintenance on it and it's been worth every penny I've spent. Not only does it drive smooth and work great but it has character, it's not like driving a run of the mill mid-priced sedan, it's fun to drive and definitely has pep to it even with it being 13 years old. My next car is definitely going to be a Honda and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a car.