Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2003 Honda Accord, still going strong.
By M. Kent

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a proud owner of a 2003 Honda Accord Ex. The odometer is currently topping off at 400,000 miles. This is my only car and is driven daily. There is nowhere I can’t and won’t drive this car. This car is still going strong!! I wouldn’t buy anything but a Honda. Hands down the most reliable vehicle you can own. The proof is in the mileage!

Never wanted a foreign car until Honda Accord
By Dennis Popek

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car , by accident, and was totally surprised about how great it was. I have owned, Corvettes, Trans Am, 442 Olds, Shelby Mustang, Comet Cyclone, Pontiac Can Am, Lincoln Continental, etc, etc, and I must say this Honda Accord is the best combination of performance, handling, and road feel. Clearly its not the fastest car I ve every owned, but the feel of the car on the highway is fantastic.

15 years and STILL Rolling
By Tee Bee

2003 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new in '03 and now has 365000 miles. I cannot remember how many times I have replaced the tires but that is it. The transmission shifts like NEW, the engine has wonderful performance for a 4-banger, the paint looks new from 10', and the leather interior is surprisingly nice and comfortable. On long trips, this is the most comfortable car I have had to sleep in. The backlight on the radio/climate system died after 10 years and Honda would not cover it, sigh. Still has the original suspension/shocks and rides like new.

You need a new transmission = 2003 Accord
By Antranick Harrentsian

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, if you don't need to drive the car. The transmission my car, like thousands of other Honda Accord owners, died and needs to be replaced. Though it is the most notorious defect for this model year, unfortunately, it isn't the only one: no A/C due to the positioning of the A/C condenser and its susceptibility to being rendered inoperable by rocks the car runs over; the electrical system malfunctions (i.e. the headlights no longer work, the cd player no longer works). The biggest downfall for this model year Honda is clearly the fact that due to Honda's poor transmission design, you will need to shell out $2,000.00-$4,500.00 for a new transmission.

2003 Honda lasts forever!
By Cheryl Franklin

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this Honda used, and it has been a great running, reliable car. I did not have to change the Timing Belt and Water Pump until it had 218,113 miles on it. I got the oil pump resealed, new radiator, alternator, and catalytic converter between 233,000 - 244,000 miles. And here I am today, at 312,900 miles and it is going strong. I have to admit that when I purchased it used, I considered it to be a lemon because of electrical problems: The CD player stopped working, the passenger side front window did not work (even though we changed the window regulator twice). But for a lemon, this car has been a winner! You will enjoy and drive this car until the wheels fall off. I highly recommend this used car.