Used 2003 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Rear access glass.
By Deane Spiller

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Yukon, I think it is a good vehicle. this is the second one that I have owned and I've always been very happy. Today I went out and started my car when I open the front or the rear access glass exploded. The car sits outside I live on a beach nothing was around and nothing touched it. I have looked up all the recalls for this vehicle, none of them say anything about the rear glass exploding. I have also noticed there are several by many people complained of the same incident. Called my dealer and said not their fault they have never heard of anything like that happening, insurance don't. Want to cover the damage. The entire rear door and glass have to be replaced, $$$$$. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone driving on the road or with kids in back set. Glass was every where.

Best vechile I ever bought
By Judy Smith

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Driven this SUV for 11 years comfort, dependability,size, safety everything about this SUV I love. Never one problem just regular maintenance.

2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
By Webhead

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our Yukon has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It rides like a dream, looks good, performs well, has tons of space, and can work hard. It's the all-around perfect vehicle in my opinion. Great for trips and I feel like my family is safe. We just replaced the original Michelin tires with the same model. They ride great and last forever. We bought it with 55k miles on it and it now has 108k miles. This year we repaired the A/C for around $250. No other problems at all. As far as Mpg, we get 16-18 which I think is fine for such a large and safe vehicle.

Comfort, power options, size, versatility, reliability, power, safety

The leather seating tends to rip on the driver side seat. Ours and many others I've seen have this issue.

Used Yukon SLT, No Regrets!
By clm

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say? This is probably one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. We replaced a 2002 Altima, due to needing a new family "truckster". This SUV has it all (every option except DVD and Nav). This vehicle only had 66K miles and is just breaking in. Quality and comfort are second to none. We especially like the fact that GMCs in general are a happy medium between luxury and work horses. We test drove a comparable Escalade and honestly passed it up because this SUV just "felt" better. No need to worry about cheap chrome accents, skinned bumpers, etc. Plenty of space, power, features, and drives like new. Can't say enough good things.

Power and memory functions. Wife and I are quite different in height, and it's nice to have everything automagically set, including pedals. Third row is great, and general use of space has been maximized. Looks mint for being 7 years old.

Backup sensors. Can be a bit daunting backing up. Of course gas mileage would be nice, but compare it to comparables like the Expedition and Durango (can actually see fuel needle move) and it's actually quite good on gas for it's size and weight. If gas is of concern for you, SUVs are not for you

Greates car ever!
By rick123

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Wow has this car ever been by far the best I have EVER had. We bought it 3 years used and it was like brand new. Never had been in a crash or anything. The car has lots of power and options. Ours had leather interior, 7 inch flip down dvd system, bose sound, heated front seats, towing package, and much more. I loved this car. Last summer we moved and was hauling massive loads of stuff and the car pulled hills like it was nothing. The only problem we had with it was we were on vacation and the steering pump went out. We do not have it today because the payments were to much and had to trade it off sadly. I now have the money to buy it back and looking for the dealership.

Everything! Dvd, Sound system, heated leather seats, rear air, third row seats, lot of power

nothing