Used 2006 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon XL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Satisfied Yukon Owner

happy owner, 08/04/2009
SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned since new. After almost 3 years of ownership. I have not had it in the shop at all. I have the fully loaded SLT model, except for the sun roof and really enjoy it. The 4WD works great in the snow and I get a constant 17.2 mpg. Perfect for my family.

Never Again

Paul J. Lecker , 02/10/2010
SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great design.This is the third Yukon. 1995,2001 and now a 2006. This one has been extremely disappointing. Had to rebuild the transmission at 58000 miles. The truck hauls kids and groceries. Dealer actually charged me $100 to tell me the transmission was broken. I don't understand why the company doesn't stand behind the truck. Cost $2,500 to repair. Would not purchase another one because of my experience.

Love to tow our Correct Craft

bmcveigh, 09/24/2005
SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Yukon works like a dream. Load up 8 with gear and the Correct Craft behind it and it is effortless even going into the winding mountain roads of Napa.

Lemon XL

james, 08/14/2006
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We traded in our 2004 Dodge Duango Limited in November on a 2006 Denali XL. The ride and comfort is much better in the Denali and it's packed with features for only being priced in the mid 50's. Our new found love for the Denali did not last long. We have had problems continuously. Some as minor as the radio freezing up to severe problems such as a transmission replacement at 14,000 miles! The DVD system acts up, the Nav only works about half the time, the transmission still shifts hard, the radiator and hoses were replaced at 14,500 miles, you name it, it's been worked on!! The quality of build is poor for the price and I wish we would have considered Lincoln, Infiniti a little more.

Denali - Utilitarian Comfort

DwS, 01/26/2007
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Denali is a great vehicle for someone looking for a long term vehicle that can handle anything you through at it. It can tow. It can haul. It can deliver you to far away destinations with supreme comfort and entertain you and your passengers on the way. It even tells you how to get there.

12345...6