Used 2006 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon XL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Big... Old.... and Nimble!

Denali Nick, 07/18/2019
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd used 2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali. 1st one was 8 yrs old when I got rear-ended at a red light (totaled). They were lost and going 50 mph when they plowed into truck. Searched high and low and found its exact replacement at Chevy dealer in Memphis. I am still stunned at how nimble this 7,000lb Man-cave is. Stuck in traffic for 15 minutes. Traffic opened up and started to stretch our legs, got up to 60 mph, and decided to change the radio station, that's when I noticed traffic was stopped. Only option? The Breakdown Lane. Whipped the vehicle to the right and then back to the left and I was stunned and surprised at how easy it was to avoid the accident. I could go on and on and on. But if you're not afraid of big vehicles and you want all wheel power with 300 horsepower, get this truck! Only downside? No Bluetooth. But that's fine with me.

Yukon denali xl Limousine Like SUV

Sebastian Vanderwolf , 04/26/2020
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2006 GMC yukon denali xl It's quite a good vehicle..but GMC could and should have made it so much better. For one the sound proofing should have been doubled" the top engine choice should have been the 8.1L vortec with 500 hp and a 6 speed allison automatic transmission and all wheel drive' next the paint job is horrible how it fades and clear coat peeling off' should have had 4 coats of the very best paint and 4 coats of the very best clear coat' then there is the air suspension that was made very cheaply' could and should have installed the very best four wheel air suspension system' the rear third row seat should have folded flat' and the rear lift gate door should have been power opening and closing' and the bumper to bumper warranty should have been 6 years or 100,000 miles and the drivetrain warranty should have been 7 years or 150,000 miles. The cooling system should have been made more heavy duty' this includes for the engine' transmission' oil' and power steering systems. Overall this vehicle rates a 4 out of 5 because there is so much room for improvement..still much better than so many other SUVs out there

Greatest car I have owned!

Nik, 11/15/2005
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This our 3rd Yukon and I have had a great experience with each one! Between carpooling and out of town trips we are in this truck all of the time and it is always comfortable and reliable!!

Money pit

jmulvihill, 12/23/2011
SL 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Lets start by saying I bought new and right out of the dealer it was problems. 1) Front end will not stay in alignment / 4 set of new tires with now 103,000 miles. 2) Transmission is about to go but has always been hard to shift. 3) Every thing in the cabin shakes, breaks and falls apart ( trim pieces ect. ) 4) Both A/c units have failed due to some electrical part,,,$ over $ 2000.00 to fix both. 5) Water pump out at 32,000 miles, driver & pass window regulator replaced $$$. This has cost me more in repairs than my 32 foot sail boat ! GM has ZERO customer service when it come to warranty, ZERO confidence in their product but damm I love this 12.5 mpg beast. I pack 4 kids / 2 dogs and

My Yukon XL Denali-disappointment

C Falls, 08/20/2005
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Denali. I couldn't wait to get it. I tossed around the idea of the large Escalade but it was about $10K more than I was willing to pay. The Denali was perfect for a mom on the go who wants a bit of luxury when taking the kids on playdates. As a former Suburban owner, I thought I'd won the lottery. Instead, I was disappointed. My Yukon XL Denali makes a whistling sound when sitting idle. I have taken it in and the dealership claims not to know what it is. Ironically, I know someone with the exact same model that is having the same problem. I've owned my truck for less than 8 months and I wish I would have bought the Escalade ESV.

12345...6