2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

poor resale value
By Herman Don Whitfield

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I have traded every year for the last 5 years for less than $14000 this year I go to trade the best trade value I get is 18000 to 21000 difference all my trucks when I trade has around 32000 miles in a year. I keep my truck super clean even have fiber glass painted bed topper on them, all have been white frost tri coat. with leather interior. I had dealer in Collinsville IL. has their 2019 denalis mark off the sticker $7770 still wants $18565 difference never in years see a truck lose it value very disappointed.

Truckin with Denali
By Dean

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

The GM Finance interest rate for my truck was 4.5-5 % even with excellent credit. This high rate of interest however was offset by the rebates that were provided. Ask for the "out the door" price so that there will be no risks to increase the cost of the truck. Should you have a trade in do not inform the dealer until you have received a document that lists the "out the door" price. Also be sure to check the Blue Book value of your trade in. The finance department had attempted to sell me an extended warranty. These warranties are very overpriced but worth it to me as I was able to price negoiate. The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali has additional cargo options and a tail gate with advanced functions. These features are not worth the additional $ 6,000 price tag. I have owned 4 pickups in my lifetime. GMC has outdone themselves with the 2018 1500 Sierra Denali package !! It has everything you would ever want in a luxury truck and rides like a luxury car. It is stylish, yet practical. I plan to drive the wheels off this baby !!

Dash
By E

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

All the dashes are busting across in the middle. No recall. Putting 30 to 40 thousand in a new vehicle and u hate getting in it. That's pretty bad. Everyone I know that has a gmc or chevy has the same issue. We will be tradeing for a Toyota. Would keep gmc truck if they stood behind the quality and covered the price to have this fixed. Loved everything else about it. The dash makes it look like junk. To buy a New dash around1200. Was told there is no support and it will bust again. That price was not including having the dash put in.

Love my Sierra
By Melinda Stewart

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great ride,very very comfortable!! Great performance!!

Loved my first so much I bought another!
By Joe

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I raised my children farming trees, hunting and maintaining property - though it’s not my profession. I treated my truck right but it is definitely a sturdy and reliable vehicle. I gave the first one to my second son and went through the truck thoroughly after 7 years the brakes didn’t even need changing - the guy said I still had 30% - that’s after 7 years of hauling tractors and pontoon boats! They are expensive as hell - but I love gmc trucks - I do believe you get what you pay for - I love my 2018 - it is a big boy Cadillac fer sher!