Used 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Tuff Trucks

Z7 Power machine, 04/02/2003
K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have a 1997 GMC Z-71 With 5.0lLiter pushing 317h.p. This truck is a power house. I have had little to no trouble at all with it. I have added 33inch tires and the 2001 silverado rims, computer, reprogrammer, throttle body, fuel injectors, strobe lights, tinted windows, billet grille, lights covers, and a nasty stereo system. I am averaging 20mpg and wouldn't trade it for anything. The look of these style puts them in their own class. Remember always Like a Rock and never buy a FORD!!!!!

My last American product

MJ777, 04/13/2004
K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I will never buy another American product (automotive) as long as I live. And especially never a GM again - and I've let everyone know. This truck was the absolute lousiest vehicle I've ever owned - the tow truck guy know's me by heart and my repair shop. Ever since I got this truck its been nothing but repair bills - you name it, I've replaced it. O2 sensors, EGR valves, fuel pumps, anything electrical, 2 transmissions .... I've sunk so much cash into this truck and I haven't even paid it off yet! WHATEVER you do DON"T buy this make, don't buy any GMC from 95-current unless you've got money to waste.

third gm truck

r3d_elite, 08/28/2012
C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab LB

this is my third gm truck and i have yet to be disappointed. first truck was an 87 chevy that i drove until i hit a deer and ditch and the frame warped. second finally gave in when the truck was loaned to a friend (at the time) and they blew the engine.... (friends dont beat friends' vehicles...) this 97 gmc has 220k on it and still running great yeah some maintenance is required but that comes with all vehicles. who needs a jap vehicle. id like to see how many honda's can pull a stump out of the ground then go on a comfortable 3 hour trip back home

GMC 1500 great truck

Wadek, 07/25/2009
K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have a 1997 GMC 1500 extended cab. This is the greatest truck Ive ever had.It has about 125,000 miles on it and sill runs strong. Plenty of towing power. I love every feature on this. If you wax and wash them and keep the scratches off it looks great and with regular maintenance this truck lasts.

Greatest Truck Ever!

codymortensen58, 05/18/2010
K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Truck has 250,000+ miles on it and it is still running great, i live on a country road in Minnesota and it takes the snow and heat with no problem at all. It has little to no rust on it because i wash it biweekly. The greatest truck i have ever owned, i upped the tire size to 285 just to give it a beefier look and to help in the field. I guarentee that this truck will get me another 200,000 if it keeps up at this pace!

12345...7