Used 2016 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Canyon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Love the driveability. Quiet cabin. Great ride.

Fred sanchez, 03/18/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far so great. Driving this for the past month had exceeded my expectations for this truck I've been getting so many compliments on the looks of this truck. It's a mid size truck but the front end looks so nice. It's just the right size for maneuvering and also hauls wel I really recommend test driving the canyon/Colorado before thinking about the Tacoma. I test drove the Tacoma vs the GMs several times. As far as driveability there was no doubt I had to go with the Canyon. Noise- for a mid size segment this is second to none in noise and quiet cabin. Everyone I've driven this in has made comments about how nice it drives and comfortable it is for a truck (Note. I plan to update this review later )

Great mid sized pickup with a more formal design

Bob, 10/19/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my GMC Canyon almost 2 months and so far I am very happy with it. I start out with the Cons; at higher road speeds wind noise develops around the front windshield. However below 60mph the cab remains very quiet. Speech recognition for the navigation addresses runs about 60%, manual entry is needed more often then it should be. Otherwise this thing is great. I'm getting older and the backup camera / assistance really helps me not have to crank my neck around constantly when I backup. The truck maintains it's stable feel when pulling my pontoon boat. The interior is great and innovative; the rear seats fold down forming additional storage in the rear; we actually use it for a nice space for our dog when we go anywhere. If you're an older guy like me you'll like the more refined, formal look of the interior. Overall I am very satisfied with this truck; my wife enjoys driving it also.

Great mid size truck

Andy, 04/25/2016
SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride ,very quiet cabin, good fuel economy for a truck, 6 cylinder has plenty of power. A pleasure to drive, you would not think you were driving a truck. A lot of tech features if you like that kind of stuff.

Nice Ride - No Fatigue

Primus, 10/27/2016
SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have previously owned 2 first gen Toyota Tundra's. I was skeptical in going American but this was the only truck in the size range I wanted or that would fit between my narrow garage doors. I purchased the Canyon over the Colorado because some of its features cannot be had on the Colorado (look at the instrument cluster) and the dealership prices for each were basically the same. I have the All Terr edition which I highly recommend and also have 4 wd as I live in CO. I drive up and down a lot of hills and get combined driving MPG of about 23.7. My old Tundra's got 16. The MPG drops significantly when motoring over 80 mph, but the truck feels fine at that speed. The fit and finish have been fine and I have had truck for 8 months and have not yet been to the dealership. The two issues I am changing on the truck are a. low front end which I have raised with an aftermarket kit and b. shift points of the transmission drive me nuts when going up small hills and again have gone with an aftermarket computer override. I know that GM in 2017 is changing the engine (adding 3 HP and a little torque) and transmission but I can't imagine an 8 spd transmission will be well programmed for this truck. I guess we will have to wait and see. I did not opt for the diesel because it was so much more expensive and I do not trust GM with such a new engine for this market.

Good truck with a TERRIBLE transmission

Brian, 08/01/2017
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, I really do love this truck. I have had it over a year now, and could see myself in it for years. It is very comfortable, handles like an SUV, and the interior is great. I had one small issue with the infotainment not booting one time, but it was quickly resolved by turning the truck off and back on. So now on the bad news. THIS IS THE WORST TRANSMISSION EVER! They have programmed the shift points to make it more fuel-efficient (which it's really not). MPGs are great, but not at the expense of driver comfort and safety. The thing just will not downshift when it needs to. So the scenario would be like this.. Youre cruising along at 45 mph and it's rolling in 5th gear. You come to a slight incline and give a it a bit more gas to stay at 45. A normal transmission would drop to 4th gear as soon as it started to struggle. well NOT this one. It tries to stay in 5th gear until you can literally feel the torque converter giving up. The only way to get it to downshift is to quickly press the gas pedal to ask for more power. But THEN, does it downshift to 4th? No, it drops 2 gears so now youre revving high in 3rd gear for no reason. GMC could easily fix the shift points with a new ECU flash, but for some reason just continue to ignore us.

12345...9