2017 Genesis G80 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Genesis G80 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G80 model:

BMW/Mercedes/Audi ... Look Out
By Doug Brown

2017 Genesis G80 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The G-80 is a fantastic car and competes well with the MB "E", the BMW "5" and the Audi "6" classes. When you throw in the fact that it is, on average, $20,000 less than any of the aforementioned cars, and it is a cold-blooded category killer. With acceptable acceleration from the 3.8L engine (which runs on regular gas), a luxurious interior, great road handling and some really cool features, I preferred this car to any of the others I've owned, including a 2013 Cadillac XTS "Platinum" edition. My neighbor traded in his Lexus 460 on one and is equally impressed with his G-80. I have the 3.8L V-6, AWD with all the options including the HUD and it is really a great car. Easy to get in and out of, looks great and the service is impeccable. I only wish they had an SUV. By the way, if you want to see the coolest car in the world, look up the Genesis "Essentia" ... an all-electric concept car by Genesis that was presented at the NYC Car Show.

Electronic Warefare
By Charlie Brown

2017 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

The electronics have some gremlins at work all the time. Passenger window, Nav. Screen started acting up on a vacation trip. the window only was able to move to the closed position in 2 inch increments by continuous activation of the window switch. The Nav. Screen went blank and stayed blank until I started the car the next day (reset??). The window also started working again after the overnight quiet time. When a music is playing from the USB using the MEDIA button, randomly the system switches to the factory installed video/music. The video does not play (for safety reasons) but the Korean music does. There is some electronic warfare going on between all the integration.

Watch what is covered by the warranty. GOT ya"s
By Allen C

2017 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

dealer service every 3000 miles,change oil,check tires etc. Last service was told tires need replacing. Car only has 19,300 miles. They say tire warranty is with tire company Continnental. They now tell me normal tire wear is around 20,000 miles before replacement will be needed. So my wife puts around 20,000 per year to work and vacations. So I guess this means a new set of $1200.00 tires every 10 months. I have bought several new cars all have got at least 40,000 miles on the tires. I have called Genisis customer care and they wont even return my calls, I have sent at least 10 e-mails to customercare@genisis.com. I get a no-reply message saying they will contact me , but they never call. I have left messages for Natalie at Western region customer care several times.no call back.. [contact info removed]. The 844-462-5557 number wont even answer the phone. Beware if you have problems you get no help.... other than that we love the car. [non-permissible content removed]

Much better than expected
By Alvaro Correa

2017 Genesis G80 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I had a BMW 528i, was in the market for a new car. My first option was the nee Mercedes E class. I have had several Mercedes E . I test drive the Genesis , my son and two car fans , did too. We were very impressed. After having the car for over a year , I can asure the GÉNESIS was the right choose. Impressive

Smooth ride, beasty engine, smooth electronics
By Go Pokes

2017 Genesis G80 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Handles with your fingers, but steady on course, the electronics make you a better driver. The lane assist is elegant, yet can get in your face if the situation is serious. The ride is smooth, but not so much to create a living room experience. The acceleration is surprisingly swift yet doesn't throw your neck. Sport mode is a whole new experience. The beast is unleashed, pleasantly grumping when you ease off the go-peddle. 24 city. 32 highway. Sum: I love this car's Jeckle & Hyde elegance.