Used 2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Very disappointed.

mercede, 02/17/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've recently bought my first car, "Ford Taurus 05" my father had the same car for 5 years and it was such a reliable car we traveled a lot with it with over 40000 km on it never left us on the road. so I thought Id buy the same one so I did less then 4 months of owning this car its been nothing but hell. left me on the highway had to buy a new manifold for it witch cost me $1000 Canadian, I took it to the mechanic and they told me the car was fired hazard. I got that fixed but month after my car wont turn on nothing but a waste of money this car has been for me as a student and a full time this is not a car to save for. only thing is good on it is the BODY!

If you love your family DO NOT BUY

Caligula's Ghost, 08/27/2009
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start? First the A/C went out, then the original tires wore within the first year. I had to replace the battery twice. Alternator was replaced twice. Transmission went out at 40K. Air intake manifold needed to be replaced. Brakes wore earlier. Until the day I last had it there was an issue with the lights flickering (dealer said the alternator/battery were fine). The car made a terrible whirring noise. RPM gauge always fluctuated. I still have nightmares about that car. I spent 5K in one 6 month period to keep it running. Please STAY AWAY from this car!

Ford Taurus DEATHTRAP

Robert D. Barry, 07/04/2004
SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Recuring problem with acceleration, intermittant. Engin will rev up to about 1500 RPM after about 1 second, then it will stay there for 1.5 to 2 seconds, them increase. First occurance 73 miles after purchase, Has been back to dealer three times, for this problem. Recurring problem, turn signals. If signaling for a right turn, and the raod curves to the left, or signaling for a left turn, and the road curves to the right, turn signal cancelles. Driver must use one hand to hold turn signal on. Recall. Brake lights may not come on. Or the Brake lights may always be on. Recall. Air filter may burst into flames. The service department, DID NOT REPAIR

2005 SE

2005 Taurus SE, 10/01/2007
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after having a Taurus prior to this. It's a great roomy vehicle for the price. No other car in it's class seems to have the same price range, spaciousness, or fuel economy. The seats are not as comfortable as my older Taurus although more comfortable than the Camry. I drive lots and my back and behind my knees are very sore from the design of the seats.

Very Bad Choice

Betty, 03/23/2008
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new 2005 Ford Taurus SE with flex fuel engine. Can't run e85 fuel transmission. Began to slip under 30,000k, water leak onto front passenger floor. Every 2005 to 2007 Ford Taurus I inspected had water under carpet on front passenger floor board causing a musty smell and metal rust. Very poor mpg 18 average.

12345...20