Used 1997 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

THE HULK
By Blackwolf

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought the Hulk back in 2008, I think, at 110,000 miles. I still own it today, has 285,000 miles and has been the best car I have ever owned. I will never get rid of him, he still has some issues with age, but he still rolls with the big boys and some that are stranded on the side of the road. You go Hulk!!!

Old ford still runs but it costs to run.
By Gordon

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car certified preowned in 2001 with 37k on it. At 42k it needed a camshaft sensor, 46k new struts, 55k cat converter and power windows. 67K the transmission needed replaced and replaced again at 99k. At 100k ac, radiator, crankshaft sensor, wheel bearings, windshield wiper motor and struts again, had to be replaced. We bought this for $14,000 and the resell value five years later was $2600. It still runs but we don't drive it much anymore. Piece of junk.

loved it but it didn't love me
By katepaints

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car; got it new. Two years into it, it kept shorting out so I couldn't keep lights on auto.
Needed a new ignition before 50K. At six years the transmission needed overhauling after it died. With all the technical updates it ran much better. A year later at 129K the engine died. Ford in its infinite wisdom had put a race car engine in it so I really couldn't replace the engine at a reasonable cost.
I was incredibly disappointed as I had been very good at maintenance and upkeep. I walked away and bought a '96 Jeep Cherokee which was a lot more reliable.

Instrument panel very good; power seat great for short drivers. Loved the design.

Overhaul transmission design. Make a car that's truly built to last.

Not Bad
By jman

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Had the car for three years then started to have few problems like head gaskets, hinges for back window etc. and was not the car we had.

A/C, MPG, seats

Engine repair difficulty

Love it
By Angelina0888

1997 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Ok they do have trouble, yeah mine doesn't start right. The paint is chipping, back window doesn't work right, needs a tune up. But I love it. Better then the 03 Sable I had that broke down at 53000 miles.

She goes

Electric, mostly doors and windows. And forget electric AC controls, they mess up everything