Used 2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

For the Love of my 2003 edge style Ranger
By Ron Taylor MA

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I Purchased this truck new in 2003 with 4 X 4 to pull trailers with honeybees . I worked honey bees for pollination. When quit pollinating I still used the truck around my home. It was 15 years old with 109,320 miles. I misjudged the Gas Gage and Temp about a month ago. They pegged and then settled down with no problems. About a week ago 15 miles from my home the Temp gage pegged. I thought I could make it home. Motor quit . Ford shop said I had a blown head gasket and needed a motor replaced. Chose not to put money in it. Gave truck to a friend. Took ford up on an invitation to build a Ranger. I order a 2019 Ranger Laret. Thanks for your response and interest in my 2003 Ranger

One tough little truck!/Ranger Edge S.
By Willie Blackwell

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This nice little truck is a joy to drive, very responsive handling capabilitys,and the tow package is top shelf, It seems happy to pull a loaded tandem trailer. The truck is a 2003 Ford Ranger Super PU 4x2 Edge S 3.0 L V6 Auto., Overdrive. Everything works great, Doesn't use or leak anything, the engine and undercarriage are completely dry, Well...., it does use some gas, you can expect about 19 town and 23 hyway M.P.G. Truck looks good in and out, has some fading on top of fender flares.Milage is approaching 190,000. Very well maintained ,And if thats not enough...., It's Red!!!!!!

My 03 Ranger
By Tom Dombrowski

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

In 14 years of owning my Ranger it only let me down once, thats because the fuel pump died when I got to work. Had to have it towed to the dealer the truck was already 10 years old and built in N.J.

This is a catchy review
By Inigo Montoya

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think Ford interviewed the wrong people when they decided to quit making the Ranger. If you don't need a full size truck the Ranger gets the job done with little fuss and muss. I've put 225,000 miles on the truck and other than needing some basic maintenance it has been a good little truck and done everything I needed of a truck. For the price it was perfect, now if I stay with Ford I have to buy an F-150 that will be more expensive to drive and maintain. Part of me wants to see if I can get 500,000 miles out of this truck instead.

Updated:
Sadly a kid decided to bend the frame on my truck and the bumper while he was at it. I barely noticed the hit but was enough to total the truck. Final mileage was 237828. I just wish I could have kept her longer but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

worth the money, gets the honeys
By Casey Strickland

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a tough and versatile little trooper. no matter what, i know i can rely on it for whatever i need. when buying one, make sure it runs and idles well. also make sure the ball joints and control arms are in good condition (if equipped). that alone can be the reason why people talk bad about them. I will admit the are a little expensive, but when it comes to some cars you get what you pay for. Overall i have had to do a few repairs here and there, but nothing you cant do at home. I will say it is the best 4x4 i have ever owned. BUT... if you want to make it an off road vehicle you may want to opt for an older one with a solid axle. The torsion bar suspension is the worst thing ive ever seen. i have a 3'' lift on mine and it has absolutely no flex on the front end.