Used 2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good but not great
By henry

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

April 15, 2017 I purchase this car after waiting two years. The car was purchases as a CPO because I wanted the protection of an extended warranty and I did not want to purchase 40% depreciation for the first three years. Turns out my decisions were correct. The vehicle had 28600 miles when purchased. The price was right. This car has every option except two and that's the 50 year appearance package and recaro seats. So yes it has the PP, NAV, Shaker Pro Sound System, Adaptive Cruise, Pre Collision Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, and much more.

Here is what I like about the car,
1. It's a Mustang GT and it has presence. Fun to drive in open roads.
2. For a PP car it is comfortable and performs very well on the open road. If the roads are bad, the ride quality suffers. The seats makes up for this.
3. Shaker Pro Audio is fantastic. The best source for music is Amazon Prime. Their audio is has a higher quality than everything else out there, including sattalite. If you play garbage it will sound like garbage, but when you have a high quality source the sound is amazing. This comes from a guy who usually drives a Lexus.
4. Seating position and ergonomics are a nine out of ten. You can actually see out the car and the controls are properly placed.

Here is what I don't like.
1. The formula is correct but execution in quality is lacking. Even though this is the first year for the model, there is no excuse for the overall quality.
2. The paint chips easy.
3. Panel fitman in this day should be better. Hood alignment and bumper alignment should be better.
4. Reliability
5. Ford dealerships in my part of town does not have a good service department. I drive my car 30 miles for service when I work less than two miles from a dealership. The experience is a story in and of itself.
6. Heavy clutch pedal
7. Front seats don't cool as well as the should. Only the bottom half cools m

Problems I've had.

1. The first week of ownership the car would cut off while drivimg and when I come to a stop. I have it on video and I sent information to my wife and kids in case of a bad accident. I really have to press the dealership in my area, less that two miles to address the issue. Picked up my recently purchased CPO vehicle and before I arrived at home it stopped. Less than 10 miles griven, it was after closing so I was not happy.
2. Clutch pedal liknage issue. Yes the clutch pedal linkage kept coming lose from the pedal. Took a solid week for the dealership to correct this condition. Don't know why.
3. The mirrors and seats have memory position. When I went to get in the car the mirrors would move, lose memory and constantly click. This problem was documented when I got the car and the dealership did not want to fix it. When they did they wanted to charge me and I insist imshould not. Finally the service manager waived the change and stormed off like a child. I was not happy, another word describe how I felt, know what I mean?
4. Leaking valve cover gaskets. Noticed an oil burning smell from under the hood. Also it was leaking on the starter. Covered under warranty, no problem until the service adviser implied someone may have worked on the car looking at me. I immediately told them don't make statements you can't prove. I don't appreciate being falsely accused. This was the last time I used this dealership and henceforth drive 30 miles where I purchase the vehicle and service is great.
6. Door handles replaced under warranty, had to do with the keyless entry.
7. Back up camera filling up with water replaced.
8. Trunk wire harness broke. No camera function.
9. AC evaporator coil leaking and replaced.
10. AC Compressor locked up, replaced under warranty.
11. Drive belt damaged due to locking up compressor. Replaced.

That's my life with this car at 32000 miles of ownership.

You think there's a quality issue? The things that have been problems are not new technology unique to this vehicle. It's a company issue. I drove the new 2019 mustang and the vehicle feels great and the clutch pedal is light. Based off my current experience cannot justify buying another one. Probably will get a Lexus RC-F.

RTH
By Bob

It weighs about 4,000#

White with red leather interior....
By HenryR

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fund to drive.....with the pedal pushed all the way down on a straight away...I sometimes feel the front in will lift and we will start to fly..I have had several spots cars from Mercedes to Porsche...and while all get attention..I think this car wins hands down. I am not sure if its the nostalgia or just the look. We got the white with black top and red leather interior..with the top down...I have even had older women come out from a store to say it was a such a beautiful car...and its 3 years old now...changed ties once..and regular maintenance...zero issues except having to go to a ford dealer...I switched and went to Lincoln and my life was much better..

The Mustang has finally grown up
By Chuck

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I waited 50 years for Ford to build this car. The Mustang has always had a certain mystic, but quality and performance were not up to minimum standards for a performance car. That eneded in 2015. Ford took the solid rear axle as far as they could. Now the Mustang has an excellent IRS and an updated front suspension to keep up with it. The interior, while cheap in some respects, is a far cry from any previous attempts. It no longer feels like a "taxi cab" inside. The "Coyote" 5.0 liter V8 from the Boss 302 is a pure joy up and down the rpm's. And the styling! Oh man! This thing is gorgeous from any angle. I have had this car fro 3 years and people still stop and stare. I have strangers walk up to me in parking lots and gas stations to look at it and tell me about their experiences with Mustangs. But the best part is getting out on the highway and just going. The seats are perfect. I can sit in this car for 8 hours and still feel relaxed and ready to drive more. That is rare for me. And when I'm behind the wheel, the temptation is to point it toward the horizon and GO.

Just had to have another Convertible
By Kirk

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I only spent about 6 months looking for this car as it being a sports car it had to be a manual transmission. So far it has been fun to drive especially dropping the top. This is my third convertible and by far the best. The performance of the Ecoboost can be better but that is already in process of getting done.