Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Boo Hiss
By Charles Clancy

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I special ordered this car through Warnock (now Beyer) Ford in Morristown, NJ. Cool as it looked and well as it 'performed', it was a profound disappointment. At delivery the doors were loose and rattled. Warnock refused to make any effort to fix it. The engine rattled from 2500 rpm up when cold. Warnock denied it, until I insisted on leaving it overnight so a mechanic and I could start and run it cold. He heard it. Warnock admitted it in writing but refused to do anything. They said it was up to Ford. Ford blew me off. I drove the car for 117,000 miles in 8 years. It was carefully broken in, led an easy life and received assiduous maintenance. As time went by the engine rattle became persistent, the car loosened in every possible way, upkeep cost increasingly rose and I dumped it. The shame is that for a bit more Ford could have built a car that lived up to its promises. I'm a life-long sports car guy with substantial racing experience. Until the Mustang I drove European and Japanese performance cars. The contrast was stark. I would never buy another Ford and would discourage anyone considering doing so.

Great Contemporary Muscle Car
By Jay Magness

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2011 Ford GT Premium Mustang new, and have never regretted the purchase for a moment. I build street rods for a hobby and wanted a high performing car that also has the ease and reliability of a contemporary car. I got all that and more. The raw performance is more than I expected, and the comfort excellent.

You dont have to have a V-8!
By Sean

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

New 3.7L V-6 engine is fantastic! WIth the 6 speed it offers this gearhead all I need.

7 Years later... still galloping
By Astad

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Got mine first hand from the showroom with the pony package. Even today it’s one of the best Looking rides out there. I love walking to the parking lot at dusk to see the silver outline and have the signal lights switch on. The silver paint job has stayed well, with good indoor parking care.

The v6 is not the fastest off the block even with the manual. You probably won’t win any drag races however it has plenty of power and speed over 3000 rpms.

I have had to repair the AC system twice and the battery once. Other than that it’s been pretty reliable. The power seats and heating have been meh. After 4 Years they gave way.

I do love the inside console and the shaker music system. The seating and inner comfort are what you would want it to be. It’s not a luxury ride but always fun.

Still loving my Pony.

This car always puts a smile on my face
By Doc

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Mustang GT. Just by virtue of shifting the 6 speed transmission while driving it pretty guarantees to bring you out of any funk that you may be in. It's a pleasure to drive and with over 420 horses (added a couple performance items) it is not just a nice looking vehicle, it is authentic American muscle. This is my 4th 'stang and if I never traded it in, it would be just fine.