Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great USED car. after 3 years
By James W Moore

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

2007 Mustang Pony package 5 spd. Black with cloth seats. 69,000 miles It is older now so it had the water leak from the air intake where the drain holes got plugged with leaves, it has 2 minor spots of rust on the lower body panels and a few spots underneath. Tires were in good shape and have lasted minus one road pothole. After 3 years i replaced the sway bar links (myself), both front tie rods, done regular oil changes. Recently changed brake pads myself. Replaced wipers dry rotted. Upgraded the rear tail light to a sequential system left and right and brake lights. Recently upgraded the headlights (did not need too) now the headlight bucket is all chrome inside instead of factory brack and seems brighter. Car drives and handles well, shifts really well for me, all the gauges are right in front of me and I can see them and read them (they dont look like a star trek dashboard like newer cars) Radio was aftermarket and would blow out the speakers if cranked, big plus it had blue tooth and USB port as well as mimi port. Seats are cloth and have mustang print not pretty. Windows were tinted, makes it hard to see out back, I upgraded the rear view mirror to wide angle unit. For two adults the car is fine, tow small kids may be ok for the back but I customized mine to a flat deck so no seats. It had dual exhaust back to the rear axle and a single y pipe to the back (upgrade maybe next year) but works fine and keeps car quiet. Pickup is enough for normal city driving and freeway. (If you want a rave car get the V-8) I get decent MPG on my trip to New Orleans from Ohio and averaged 29 MPG. In town Columbus is 24.5 mpg. I have an insurance bluetooth unit in it and my min coverage dropped to 25 month with state farm, if you drive aggressive or fast these are not for you, but will save you money if you think and drive like a sane person. Trunk space is decent but egress is difficult due to trunk opening. Also had to change my battery, under hood I can get to most everything easy. Engine bay is set up like most cars from 60's to 80's no side ways engine and tranny. Handling most of the year is fine with decent tires on it. During snow and ice it gets a little torquey and can break loose if you power through a right of left turn, slow down it is fine (maybe change rear tires to all season or snow). The car gets looks still with it is all black (and yes paint is peeling on the hood lip) Just over 80,000 miles now. Heads up take off against my wife in her 07 G6GT 3.9L auto convertible, she gets me 3 times now.....

A BIG Mistake
By Sad Pony Owner

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Don't Buy One

Mustang Premium Coupe
By Andrew Cain

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Poor interior fit & finish. Chrome peeled from shifter almost right off. Hard to enter & exit. CD player is crappy made in Mexico by lowest vendor. CD stuck in it when I bought the car. Poor gas mileage and brake wear. Bought the car 3 years ago. Paid cash and I wish I had bought something else.

07' Shelby GT!!!
By Meathead1986

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Recently bought a 2011 with a v6 and the dealer got this 2007 Shelby gt in just 3 weeks after I purchased. They bought the v6 back from me just to purchase this beauty and I have to say I'm extremely glad it worked out. Roughly 5600 of these beauties are able to say they went through the Shelby shop from the factory during this model year and it definitely shows. Normally I would snicker at the thought of the 4.6 liter engine and want a 5.0 but with what they've done to this thing... it's phenomenal to drive and sounds soooo lovely when you press on the gas. Vehicle only had 19300 miles when I purchased and was meticulously maintained. Car is loaded up from Shelby with a lowered/hardened suspension, exhaust all the way up to the block, intake, hurst shifter with better gears, and some work done to the engine. What comes out is nothing short of breathtaking and one of the best car driving experiences of my life. Inside there's leather with a super sound system. The hurst shifter has very pleasant throws and clicks right into place. Keep in mind this setup is intended for sequential shifting so if you go out of order MUCH more force is needed to get it in gear. Once you get it right take the rpms up to 3 grand and she'll pull all the way to just over 5.5 grand with a huge kid-like smile. Obviously there are some things about this certain body style that are boring but that all goes away when u hit the gas. Beautiful car with very aggressive tuning that's meant for the purest of the pure. Great job here Ford

Jan2018 UPDATE!

Still love this car and have had zero problems out of it. This car is a head turner no matter where it goes and people constantly ask me if its real as they're very uncommon in this area. Not the easiest car to drive in the winter but I have options so not an issue. Starts every time and still enough parts to repair/ replace if necessary...

I smile every time I drive this car.
By michael

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's not the fastest horse in the stable, but it is very nimble and responds well to light inputs. Ride is comfortable and has great road feel. Shaker 500 has great sound with the top up or down. As for value, you just can't put a price tag on something that you look forward to using every day.