Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Classic American muscle in a modern package
By Mustangjosh

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way this car looks, truly has the feel of a classic 1960s mustang updated for modern times. I purchased my 2007 V6 Pony package back in February and it has been a GREAT car so far. Handling and steering is superb. I have a custom exhaust and it sounds great for a 6, too. There is a great market for these cars to mod, no matter whether you get a V6 or spring for the GT or Shelby. Parts are plentiful and cheap compared to other cars. Reliability has been good, recently had to replace an alternator, but at 138,000 miles wear items like that should be expected. Just a few critiques though. I wish the V6 of this generation had a little more power, what it has is adequate for sure, but when Camrys are faster than your sporty car, it's lackluster. Also, given the fact that it's a sporty car, the fuel economy wasn't much better than the GT, even though it's a V6. I average 19-21 MPG, but you drive a Mustang for smiles per gallon, not miles. The ride can be a little harsh a first if you come from a non-sporty car, however, it is soft enough to live with on a daily basis and still handle well. My car has the Pony package, which has the GT suspension anyways, so that may give you a better idea. Regular V6s ride a bit smoother I hear, but don't handle as well. Seats are comfy, controls easy to access, and the dash has plenty of chrome for a retro 60s feel, much like the exterior of the car. The back seat is basically useless, but I don't have kids anyways, so it doesn't matter to me. Materials are a little plasticky, but who really cares? The car is so fun that stuff doesn't matter. A set of adjustable Koni shocks can help you tune your suspension for a softer ride or, the other direction, for a firmer ride and better handling. Also be aware that these cars have a sealed transmission, no dipstick, so no repair shops will change your transmission fluid for you, you either have to do it yourself or go to the dealer to change it out. Avoid buying a high mileage car with no maint. records, because a sealed transmission that the fluid was never changed in is a ticking time bomb.

Fun ride
By Richard A Smutzer

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Want a car for daily driving and still move when you want to try a Mustang great American sports car

Great USED car. after 3 years
By James W Moore

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

2007 Mustang Pony package 5 spd. Black with cloth seats. 69,000 miles It is older now so it had the water leak from the air intake where the drain holes got plugged with leaves, it has 2 minor spots of rust on the lower body panels and a few spots underneath. Tires were in good shape and have lasted minus one road pothole. After 3 years i replaced the sway bar links (myself), both front tie rods, done regular oil changes. Recently changed brake pads myself. Replaced wipers dry rotted. Upgraded the rear tail light to a sequential system left and right and brake lights. Recently upgraded the headlights (did not need too) now the headlight bucket is all chrome inside instead of factory brack and seems brighter. Car drives and handles well, shifts really well for me, all the gauges are right in front of me and I can see them and read them (they dont look like a star trek dashboard like newer cars) Radio was aftermarket and would blow out the speakers if cranked, big plus it had blue tooth and USB port as well as mimi port. Seats are cloth and have mustang print not pretty. Windows were tinted, makes it hard to see out back, I upgraded the rear view mirror to wide angle unit. For two adults the car is fine, tow small kids may be ok for the back but I customized mine to a flat deck so no seats. It had dual exhaust back to the rear axle and a single y pipe to the back (upgrade maybe next year) but works fine and keeps car quiet. Pickup is enough for normal city driving and freeway. (If you want a rave car get the V-8) I get decent MPG on my trip to New Orleans from Ohio and averaged 29 MPG. In town Columbus is 24.5 mpg. I have an insurance bluetooth unit in it and my min coverage dropped to 25 month with state farm, if you drive aggressive or fast these are not for you, but will save you money if you think and drive like a sane person. Trunk space is decent but egress is difficult due to trunk opening. Also had to change my battery, under hood I can get to most everything easy. Engine bay is set up like most cars from 60's to 80's no side ways engine and tranny. Handling most of the year is fine with decent tires on it. During snow and ice it gets a little torquey and can break loose if you power through a right of left turn, slow down it is fine (maybe change rear tires to all season or snow). The car gets looks still with it is all black (and yes paint is peeling on the hood lip) Just over 80,000 miles now. Heads up take off against my wife in her 07 G6GT 3.9L auto convertible, she gets me 3 times now.....

A BIG Mistake
By Sad Pony Owner

Don't Buy One

Mustang Premium Coupe
By Andrew Cain

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Poor interior fit & finish. Chrome peeled from shifter almost right off. Hard to enter & exit. CD player is crappy made in Mexico by lowest vendor. CD stuck in it when I bought the car. Poor gas mileage and brake wear. Bought the car 3 years ago. Paid cash and I wish I had bought something else.