Skip to main content

$8,900

Used Mustang for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

Lots Of Bang For The Buck

Mike D, 02/09/2010
1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Stang, having previously owned an 86GT Hatch and an 86LX Cnvt. Bought the 99 with 11,000 miles in 2001. Currently has 145,000. This is a great car. Have had almost no mechanical problems. Great style and performance. Great exhaust sounds. Mach 460 radio/CD is great too. Convertible top works well. Tends to eat brakes. Headlight covers do fog over. Don't hit a bump in the middle of a turn or you'll find yourself in the next lane.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Pretty good car

steve, 07/29/2008
1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Mustang GT back in May of 01 and had the car till Feb of 08. This car was very well taken care of and I drove the car pretty crazy. The only reason I kept it running so well is because my uncle is a mechanic so most of the problem were fixed by him. I pumped regular gas in it but always used 10-30 oil. When it got to 75,000 miles I started using 10-30 high mileage mobil oil fully synthetic. That was the best oil I used. My car never leaked any oil because I always replaced any gaskets or seals that needed replacing. Changed all the normal wear & tear stuff. Always kept the car original except for the flowmasters. When I ran a smog check it had better results than a brand new Mustang

4 out of 5 stars

Fun2Drive

CrusinInThe60s, 01/21/2003
1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I like the way the car looks-inside and out. I like the way feels inside, and the way that it handles. The power driver's seat has so many adjustments that if my wife drives the car, it takes quite a while to get the seat readjusted properly. It has a nice suspension, where you don't feel every seam in the pavement-on local roads, or on the highway.PlentyOfPower. I bought the car with 39,000 miles on it. The power top works great. It would be nice if the cover for the top fit better. If you snap it in place, it pops back out. I scrapped the cheap material seat covers for new leather ones. Big improvement.

3.75 out of 5 stars

rain and snow....

sillEeitaK, 01/23/2004
1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in January 2001 and for the most part its been a great car. Been through several accidents, and still in one piece, never an injury! ;) Had to have the brakes replaced and the engine serviced once, but that's really it. Runs well, accelerates really nicely, a fun car to drive (especially in electric green!) I just wanted to reply to someone saying that it ran well in rain and snow- it DOESN'T run in rain or snow! very very touchy. spins out a LOT. I'm trading it in this year for something with AWD. For what I used it for though, it was a great car.

5 out of 5 stars

I cant imagine a better made car!

Art, 04/13/2019
updated 04/21/2022
1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in 2001 without any expectations. I just liked the way it looked and the appreciated the low level of electronic tech. After driving it for several years and seeing how reliable and almost maintainance free it is, I then started thinking of improving the suspensions performance level, since the engine for most purposes is quite powerful.Over time I swapped out all the stock suspension parts, since they already had 200000+ miles on them, and replaced them with Steeda brand parts, the highest level they had to offer. It handles and corners amazingly, giving an entire new life to an older car, and can out corner and out perform some quite expensive newer vehicles, it only just looks older. The car now has 394000 miles on it (automatic) and still runs like new. I dont beat it. These cars are truly made to last and I have seen nothing bad about them. Over time I have changed the air intake, intake manifold, plenum ,underdrive pullies , 3.73 rear end ratio, etc and it screams. Review update 10-19-20. 404,505 miles on odometer. Still runs like new.Replaced leather upholstery last year. Worth the investment. Review update4-20-22. 415,000 miles still runs great, no changes.

4 out of 5 stars