Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

ALWAYS SOMTHING WRONG
By D. Moore

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a Ford Fusion and since I have had it is has been in the shop for several recalls. My transmission had problems at 40,000 into owning the car and of course as soon as my warranty goes out the transmission goes out again and now they want $5,500 for a car that I literally just gave them $2,000 two months ago. I am so disappointed and upset. That 2013 Ford Fusion needs to be recall. I had a Tarus and and Expedition but this Fusion has been nothing but problem! I AM PISSED!

RUST PROBLEMS
By Papi

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2013 Fusion because of the new style and fuel economy... However I wish I knew about the rust issues. My car has less than 36k on it and has been garage kept as much as possible. I wash it regularly and was it no less than twice a year. But my hood is rusting at about a dozen locations (no chips in paint) and Northgate Ford in Cincinnati Ohio told me "it's a known problem with the fusion and multiple other Ford vehicles. However since it's over 3 years old and hasn't gotten holes in the metal (YET) that it's MY PROBLEM. Nor did they want to even look at it. I feel like Ford is using the same metal they used in the 1970-1980's that would rust to the ground in less than 10 years, salt or not. Funny how Chevy or all of the Asian vehicles don't have this PROBLEMS!

1.6l ecoboost se
By Tyler Rogers

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this car has a history fro coolant leaks and has multiple recalls for engine fires for the 13-14 year models i had the coolant level sensor install recall completed but the car cannot handle the boost pressure now have a cylinder coolant leak long story short out of warranty and they want $2100 to tear down to find the issue not including the price for repairs. their recalls do not find and fix the underlying cause but do a little more to prevent liability on ford. sensor install is to tell you its low to prevent the engine fire but this again does not fix the underlying cause for the leak. this only tells you there is a problem they added it because they know there will be a leak and to prevent them from having to buy back a burned up car. and when you know there is a problem you take it in for repair lining their pockets

Smooth quiet ride great on long trips
By John Dunsmuir

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really enjoy owning and driving this car. It is a well balanced machine. It has good power and is very comfortable and quiet on the road. It drives like a much smaller car but is large enoght to carry four adults. The only downside is the intake valve fouling issue common to earlt GDI engines.

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
By Steve P

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved this car. I traded in my Mercedes and didn’t regret it once. I had not one mechanical problem. Gas mileage was not great. I liked the driving position in this car as it did remind me of a European sedan. I had all the options. It had park assist, adaptive cruise control, nav, head up display which would flash a red light and beep loudly if the computer thought a crash was possible, sunroof, blis, etc. I had it for 3 years and I still miss it.