Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

My Fusion Going to Look Good for Years!
By Doc Halle

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We'llll, I don't know why the Mustang is as heavily sold as it is. The Mustang can go straight and fast. Ask it to turn, compared to a FWD, and U can wave goodbye! My Fusion FWD 1.6 ltr turbo is all the acceleration and handling U need for our freeways. (PS I have had it up to 110 ) And I get 25 mpg on average, but, with cruise on the frwy @ 70 I get 35! Very quiet car, which I love. Beautiful finish. Use Meguiars products. I still get compliments on my red 4 dr! I'm not really a tech guy , but I still need a seminar to adjust the climate controls. If I bump a button everything goes haywire! The front seats almost allow U to not use a seatbelt. They hold U in tight and are comfortable to drive in , but a little hard to get in and out. Ride is wonderful. Even tho I have 18 inch wheels. Us old guys would think the ride would suffer. Wonderful purchase.

great car-poor reliability
By Steven Taylor

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Nice car, plenty of power, good handling, however I've had over $4k in electrical repairs in a little less than 2 years including a Body Position Sensor, which took Ford over a week to diagnose, an A/C compressor, and the most recent, a Electronic Steering Assist module that took a week to repair. The Steering assist module is a known problem with these cars yet my VIN was outside of the recall so I had to cover it. If you buy a Fusion, or any Ford I'd be sure and get an extended warranty with it.

I’m loving my Fusion
By Jeff Bipes

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a 1.6l ecoboost not a 2.5l. Got this fully loaded Fusion SE Ecoboost 4 years ago. Certified Pre-Owned deal, had 8500 miles when obtained. Every available option - from moonroof to 18 inch wheels, backup camera and assist, automatic wipers, lights, high beams, mirror dimmer, Sirius XM satellite radio, full navigation system in SYNC with big screen, and more included in this jewel. Have over 80k miles on it now and still functioning like new. Only downside is a petty one — the miles to empty and fuel gauge compensates to leave you with about 2 to 3+ gallons remaining when it says you are empty. Not a really bad reserve to have though. Dealer support for recalls and regular maintenance is outstanding. Have had no issues regarding this vehicle. I’m 6’6” and have no issues with headroom or comfort.

Worst I've ever driven in snow.
By Bob T

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's hard to get in and out of if you're taller than 5'8". Comfort is fine inside but hard to squeeze in and out. I don't think I got a great deal buying it but the resale value is as if it were a throw-away car. I had an issue with the radio's head unit - got stuck on the Elvis channel as I was scrolling past it. That sucked. Big trouble with some throttling/stalling/fueling issues that took forever to figure out. The biggest thing I regret about buying this car - otherwise a decent vehicle - is how poorly it handles snow. It's ridiculously bad. When you let off the brake and touch the gas, the transmission engages VERY abruptly and there is no chance for recovery. The trans engagement is annoying in the dry but it's a death sentence in snow. The nose of the car will go 3 feet sideways for every foot forward. If there is a layer of snow/slush/ice of any degree, this car just can't handle it. Some cars are capable as long as you slow some and give it a chance. Not this car. Old ladies in Corvettes with a half-flat tire can get around better than this thing. Seriously, it's unreal how such a small car can't even remotely stay connected to the pavement. Not embellishing this at all. If you test-drove this car on a snowy day, it would be a deal-breaker. You'd demand a new pair of underwear when you got back to the dealership. Back to the transmission; its shifting sucks. Despite the abruptness on takeoff, the next 2 shifts are head-jerkers. It's like it hangs for 2 full seconds on the shift from first to second - you know it's trying to shift.... and then... and then... THUMP and JERK. And it does it again. What super-sucks is that is just normal driving. If you drive like a hoon and mash the gas (the car IS fast) the shifts are good. If you're just driving casually, wear a neck brace or you'll NEED to wear a neck brace. Beverages without a tight lid are a no-go in this car. Trust me.
I told the dealer about it and they said it has a memory and will adapt its shift points to your driving. I'm calling BS because it has done that from mile 1. And, if I ever drove like that once, it never "learned" that I don't drive like that all the time. Oh, yeah, I scored it low on road holding as uneven pavement will make it wander with the irregularities like my 73 Jeep CJ5 (big tires and very loose steering gear.) I've had 2 Fords and 3 GMs. I've had issues with all of my trucks except the Sierra, but I've never had to fight so hard to get my stuff fixed under the existing/valid warranty as I do with Ford. Man, the car needs towed in because it stalled at Menard's and they act like that national recall on the throttle body assembly doesn't apply to my car. I'm not anti-Ford, but they are hard in the garage.

Reliability Personified!
By estutut

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted a car that would be both comfortable and reliable on long commutes in all kinds of New England weather. My 2013 Fusion has lived up to my highest expectations over that last 5 years and there have been no services costs other than routine maintenance. It was a great choice!