Used 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

So Disappointed
By Laura Smith

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have this as a company fleet vehicle and have been so disappointed. I will first say the car looks sharp from the outside and handles well, I have the hybrid/gas combo and get almost 400 miles per tank of gas. The issue I have with how cheaply the cars are made and they are unsafe in my opinion, I have 34k miles and have already had several issues. The most concerning that all Fusion owners on my team and in other areas the car complete stop on the highway going 70 mph and you go to 20 mph and lose total power, all of us on the team have had to have the throttle body replaced. Now recall for the steering wheel coming off and my " I" Fusion has fallen off due to stick on letters. I am shocked at the good ratings for this car since I know so many that have had issues with Fusion.

fun for a hybrid
By lou

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

this is a nice sedan. the gas milage is great and it fun to drive. it can get up and out of its way when needed. the interior material could be better, but for the price its a good deal.

Second hybrid, first Ford hybrid
By James A Hubbard

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A suitable replacement for a mid-sized 'buy-back' car.

Grand
By Harold Delassus

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Get in drive,ride in comfort & ease,strong in passing gear. MPG avg. 36-38. Paint,glass,body excellent. 16,5oo miles.

VERY HAPPY PURCHASE :)
By Bruce Whittaker

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2016 Fusion Hybrid S is only a month old, so this is really preliminary. PURCHASE: Blessed to get a "One at This Price" deal. That means choices of color and a few options were not available. Also, found out after purchase that it has ZERO tow-rating, not even for a small kayak trailer for my long kayaks. I'll have to put a roof-rack on it for that. RIDE: Quiet, comfortable, and surprisingly sporty for a family car. I accelerated hard, momentarily, to merge once, it felt strong. I have had to slam on the brakes twice, on both gravel and dry pavement to avoid deer...outstanding safe and controlled stopping. Steering in corners could be addictively fun. MILEAGE: My commute is only two miles of gravel road with a 600' descent/climb, so I get about 30 MPG near home at the 1,100 mile point. Last fill-up was 38.48 overall with some longer drives thrown in. "Indicated" mileage seemed 1 to 2 mpg over actual, but this is preliminary. FUTURE ROADS: Considering upgrading driver's rubber floor mat with Weathertech. Should I get a spare tire, or stick with the repair kit??? Then, deciding on cargo organizer and cargo mat. Roof rack for kayaks. Block heater. Aftermarket fog lights??? I need to get more used to SYNCH and why some names aren't recognized for calling. It is fun to watch your mileage in different situations and be green saving money. In my budget, this efficiency opens up more road trip opportunities, and I can't wait :)

7 month update:
Mileage: dropped significantly in the winter with warming up the car a couple minutes, using max defrost, and headlights in northeast WA for a 2 mile commute. Expected, but sad.

Driving: Front suspension and low clearance are a pain for speedbumps, potholes, or minor dips on dirt roads...I live in the boonies. My local dealer would not allow me to put stronger springs in, nor go to a larger tire for the winter without voiding the warranty...

Trunk does not open all the way automatically to facilitate loading, must be raised by hand. I will talk to dealer about this.

I am, by nature, extra critical. These are minor issues, and I still love this car!