Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Give Hybrid a chance
By Cheb

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This sedan provided everything we had hoped for out of our Hybrid. ride, comfort, fuel economy, etc. Very pleased.

Possibly the Best Car I Have Owned
By Gary Newman

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was curious about hybrids after test driving an older Prius. When I learned Ford had hybrid technology on a model of the Fusion, I decided to buy one. On the whole, my 2013 Fusion Hybrid has been excellent. After learning how to maximize the hybrid feature, the average mpg as tallied by the onboard computer is 38.6. That average is from the first day I received the car. During the summer when the a/c is being used or in the dead of winter when the heater/defroster are running often, mileage can be in the mid 30's. During spring and fall, mileage can average over 40 for a number of tanks. A car is more than gas mileage. Handling, comfort, reliability, ride quality, quietness of ride are all features in which this mid-priced car excels. The car has had no repairs other than expected maintenance items. This car is impressive. I will likely buy another Ford someday. I do not plan to buy another hybrid from any brand unless there is a major improvement in value for the additional expense.

Nice looking car
By Hans

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At 92000 miles transmission went bad on my hybrid. I was lucky it was under warranty . They said the warranty on transmission would only be good for the remaining warranty off 100,000. The dealer told me that this new transmission was around 10,000 dollars from the factory. Would I bye a ford again ? No My son also has a Fusion hybrid also has problems with it at 33000 miles. That's what you get from a Mexico built car.

Best Car Purchase I've Made
By Trey

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car Certified from a Ford dealership, 4 years old with 50,000 miles on it. I bought it specifically for the gas mileage of the hybrid. I had seen several reviews of the hybrid saying that they weren't getting the rated 44mpg city in the real world. Still, I figured I'd have to save a lot of money on gas upgrading from my old vehicle, so I went with it. I couldn't be happier with the gas mileage. I am a volunteer firefighter, and if I'm making a run and really accelerating hard (not all the way to the floor every time, but still asking for a lot of power), I see around 37 to 39mpg from a trip. If I'm really trying my best to increase fuel economy, I regularly get near 50mpg, no problems. And if I'm driving along as usual and not paying attention to my gas mileage or acceleration, I'll get around 46mpg, maybe even a little more. There are all kinds of driving aids and tips that you can configure on the dash to help coach you in getting the best gas mileage, and at the end of each trip when you turn the key off, it tells you how many miles you drove, your fuel economy for that trip, and a few other fuel economy related items about the trip. It didn't take me long at all to get used to driving the most efficiently for this car. I drive between 100 and 200 miles a day usually, between work, school, the firehouse, and any other driving I do, and I'd say overall I average around 46 or 47mpg. I bought the car hoping for great gas mileage, but really I'm getting even more than I expected without really trying. So with gas mileage, I am more than happy. Moving on, I love the look of the car, inside and out. My mom (who has owned a Mercedes before) told me she would have thought it was a Mercedes getting in the passenger seat. It's really a very appealing car by looks, both inside and out. Mine has the touch screen and heated seats and I'm very happy with the value and what all options I have (which I'm still discovering as I go on). I feel like I'm driving a luxury car every day. One random thing I've noticed is that you don't need to turn the A/C on to have cold air blowing. And I'm usually the person who will have the A/C on 11 months out of the year. With the Fusion, I rarely turn it on. I find myself getting chilly in the car with only the regular climate fan turned on and turned to Lo. Somehow, it cools the car down more than my old car's A/C did, without me ever having to turn on the air conditioner, which again saves fuel. My only two things I can point out that I'm not the biggest fan of (and this is only because I'm really looking for a downside to report, it's really not a big deal) are: 1) the bluetooth will lose connection with my iPhone 7 fairly often, to the point where I don't use the car to make phone calls because it will almost always cut out during the call, and 2) I'd rather have physical buttons than touch-sensitive buttons for controls on the center-stack, because I have to take my eyes off the road to adjust the climate, I can't just feel for the buttons or knobs. But really, that's just personal preference, and not a knock on the car itself. Overall, I am thrilled with the car. The gas mileage is better than expected and the only reason I can think that others aren't seeing these numbers is because they're driving the car like a regular gasoline motor without following the tips that the car gives you. It only took me a couple short drives to get the driving down, and now I do it naturally. And it's not like I'm driving extremely slow or anything. I got a ton of compliments on the car the first day I drove it to work. It looks and feels like a much more expensive car than it is. I love the car so far, I have an extended warranty and free scheduled service on it for a couple of years, so I really expect it to be cheap to own and drive. And a big shout-out to Jim O'Neal Ford, everyone there was more than helpful with me, with no pressure, and I can't thank them enough. Absolutely no regrets with this car!

Great car
By D M

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. So far no problems a couple of recalls, all taken by dealer.
Still happy with the Fusion. Put 3 thou+ on since the last review.