Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 189 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2014 Ford focus
By Greg

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do your reviews on powershift transmission before you buy,basically a double clutch transmission with a feeling of the transmission slipping when at parking lot speeds and has a loud water pump but other then that it has been a very reliable car!

Worst car I ever had!
By Amber Chaplin

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2014 Ford focus SE brand new. All the miles put on it were mine. Obviously any new car you drive off the lot you can say goodbye to about 5 grand. That's to be expected. I had TWO transmissions go on me, my car is an automatic and my car needed to be reprogrammed several times. Luckily the warrenty covered the transmissions that went under the 60K miles. My reprogramming I had to pay for and also a rental car. I filed two complaints with Ford. I received a class action lawsuit in the mail against their transmissions, after I went through all that hassle. I'm now just at 100k miles and my rack and pinion goes in the car. The part is recalled on the fusions and the fiestas but not the focus. The part is about 1200 and takes four hours of labor. Another pricey fix. I assumed my alternator would go before a rack and pinion or a belt. This WILL be the last ford product I will EVER own. There is just too many problems with the vehicle in such a short period of time. By far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. I do not suggesting buying the ford focus.

Overall Not Bad
By Mike H.

2014 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lot of recalls, from door latch to transmission . Had catalytic converter stop up...left me walking at 30000 miles. Quite cheap interior, awful venting, factory radio poor. Exterior paint is easily chipped. Good points, better than advertised gas mileage, good performance for a 4 cylinder, great handling, as good...better than my old Mach 1.

I will never buy another Ford
By John

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the purchase price, I am seriously disappointed! Bought it brand new from the dealer, after 50,000 miles the transmission needed $1,000 worth of work. Now it seems like every 50,000 miles the transmission needs $1,000 worth of work due to a design flaw. The interior is super cheap plastic, I have lost or broken quite a few plastic clips and screw covers. The engine was it's only saving grace until this past weekend. It used to be peppy and good on power, but this weekend it started surging and sputtering. The OBD codes were for misfires, so I replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils, $350 repair didn't fix it! Tried to check fuel pressure, there is no schrader valve connection on the fuel rail to check pressure. Had to take it to the dealer, we will see how much this will cost me. Engine light keeps coming on for the catalytic converter, I replaced the O2 sensors, but the light still comes on. The entertainment system is quirky, sometimes it will not connect to blue tooth or the USB with my Ipod hooked up. I have had to shut off and turn on the radio multiple times to get it to connect. I got a new cell phone, it was a pain to get it hooked to the blue tooth for hands free operation. When using the blue tooth for a phone call it is so quiet I can barely hear it at highway speeds, I have to turn it up to full volume. It handles well, you can really throw it through some turns, but that's no saving grace. Bad weather sucks! it hydroplanes in the rain, it floats on top of the snow when it snows. The climate control is good. The interior is super small and cramped, I barely fit with the seat all the way back. It take alot of effort for me to crawl out of it, I'm 6'1". There is no use for the back seat, no one is ever fitting back there!! The best use is to keep it folded down for cargo capacity. Fuel mileage is rated at like 38 highway, I get like 32-34. Resale value SUCKS! I still owe $8,000 on it, trade in value is only $3,000!!!!!! Less than half of what I owe! I can't even trade it in to get rid of it! Blue book for private resale is only $6,000. I was hopeful when I bought it, it was my first ford, and my first brand new car. Now I am severely disappointed.

Do not buy