Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Tranny Sucks
By Julian Kepler

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with one mile first tranny went out in 6 months replaced than tranny went out again they said clutches third time replaced the tranny again drove it from Florida to Washington state has a issue with tranny again on the way back home in 2017 in August had the tranny go out again I traded it in on a new chev Cruse LT it is a better car than the Focus Focus is not get a great trade valuve because of the tranny issues Ford needs to fix the cars before they sell them

Ford Fukus
By Mally Ben

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2014 Ford Focus in March 2015 as a demo. Since my purchase I've had 4 clutches replaced in MY AUTOMATIC vehicle. The dual-transmission is by far the worst idea any engineer could have thought of. The constant slipping and lack of acceleration has me worried when driving. Annoying features of the car include, but are not limited to: it's a full bench seat, not 60/40, there's no room for anyone over 5'0 to sit in the back, people on the other end of the phone can barely hear me over the bluetooth, as a hockey player I can barely get my hockey bag in the trunk etc.

Focus great after the big issues fixed
By ERIC

2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Fords 6 speed transmission has big problems from the factory. The clutch had crap seals as built, years later when they fixed the issue and changed the seals, It was great. For me that was 3 cars later, at least I didn't need to pay for it. Then my steering totally went out, also a common problem but not covered under warranty. $1000 out of pocket. If it wasn't for those two BIG problems I could have given 5 stars the whole way. Ford drags it's feet fixing manufacturing problems.

2014 Ford focus
By Greg

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do your reviews on powershift transmission before you buy,basically a double clutch transmission with a feeling of the transmission slipping when at parking lot speeds and has a loud water pump but other then that it has been a very reliable car!

Worst car I ever had!
By Amber Chaplin

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2014 Ford focus SE brand new. All the miles put on it were mine. Obviously any new car you drive off the lot you can say goodbye to about 5 grand. That's to be expected. I had TWO transmissions go on me, my car is an automatic and my car needed to be reprogrammed several times. Luckily the warrenty covered the transmissions that went under the 60K miles. My reprogramming I had to pay for and also a rental car. I filed two complaints with Ford. I received a class action lawsuit in the mail against their transmissions, after I went through all that hassle. I'm now just at 100k miles and my rack and pinion goes in the car. The part is recalled on the fusions and the fiestas but not the focus. The part is about 1200 and takes four hours of labor. Another pricey fix. I assumed my alternator would go before a rack and pinion or a belt. This WILL be the last ford product I will EVER own. There is just too many problems with the vehicle in such a short period of time. By far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. I do not suggesting buying the ford focus.