Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Worst transmission in history
By S. Caldwell

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The dual clutch automatic in these cars is absolutely horrible. We bought at 35,000 were told by ford dealer in Jeff city Missouri it was reflashed and good to go. We are at 66,000 have had two clutches, timing cover sealant and the starter fell off due to being removed ever time the clutch is replaced. Obtained a detailed history in car and learned it wasn't just a reflash on the computer it has had three clutches before we bought it which brings total to five clutches and the current is failing. Machens ford sold me a lemon and lied to me. These cars are junk and ford should be horse whipped.

Transmission issues will not go away
By Distressed Female

2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Ford is well aware of the transmission issues with the Focus cars. I realize a recall would be tremendous but how important is customer satisfaction? It's time for me to make a decision about trading my Focua.....I am caught in a bad position. Cannot directly sell to an individual as the transmission bucks too bad. So the dealership has made an offer but I will be upside down in my loan. Can't Ford, in an effort to keep a customer, offer an incentive to help with financing? Do I need an attorney?

Wanted It To Be Great; Awful Transmission (LEMON)
By Chase

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got in a car accident with this vehicle, and it was totaled. I’m starting to see that this was the best thing that could’ve happened, however. While the car handled well and I liked the vehicle, the transmission was AWFUL. Bought it with 20k miles and drove it to 34k. The transmission was jumpy, it shuttered intensely, and couldn’t accelerate well at all. Turned out to be dangerous. I knew there would’ve been expensive repairs ahead, so I’m happy to have gotten out of it when I did. The car held its value well. Overall, don’t buy this vehicle. Hopefully Ford fixes this transmission issue or owns up to it in 2012-2014 Focus. It’s a lemon. I drive a 2009 Taurus now and it’s a dream!

Everything is great until the warranty expired
By Zaro Razak

2014 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We love the car, the comfort, the technology and the handling. But 4 days ago, my wife started the car to drive home, it give "tat, tat,tat" sound and told her to pull over to the side and have the car towed to the dealership. That's what we did, except most dealers dont want to take it, so we sent it back to the dealer that sold the car to us. After 3-days, they still dont know what's wrong with it. Hey, at least they give us a rental car while trying out to find the problem with the car. I have owned 3 Honda cars and a Volvo. I thought I should buy "American"... We are still waiting to hear what is wrong with our dear "electric" car.

Poor Shifting Piece Of Crap
By KK

2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was not one of Ford's better ideas. The automatic transmission is a piece of engineered junk (that's a compliment). Shakes and stutters when you start. Oil leak under the timing belt. Custom gasket kit required to repair cost of $1,200. Have owned 5 ford products and this is the 2nd lemon. Will never purchase another FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily) vehicle. When the car dies the garbage parts are being sent to the manager of quality in Dearborn Michigan. Luckily I was able to obtain his street address.