Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

DO NOT BUY
By Rob

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My father bought these vehicle for me as an everyday driver, and I was to gradually pay it back. I am behind on my payments not because of laziness, but instead due to the multitude of problems this car contains that I've paid out of pocket, I could have bought a brand new Toyota Corolla. Within ten thousand miles (now 58,000) the transmission has been replaced twice, the sound system has been replaced (not the speakers, yes the actual sound system). The rear shocks have been replaced. I've taken this thing in several times for minutiae problems. The list goes on and on. Worst decision I have ever made

I HATE THIS CAR
By anonymous

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving this car for 6 years. If I were not in such a tough financial situation, I would have gotten rid of this car a long time ago. It is no surprise there is a lawsuit against Ford because of their Transmission issue with this car. I have had this car in the shop, several times every year I have owned it. The first winter, my heater went out. I have had constant transmission and clutch issues where it's been replace twice. My engine light comes on and goes off due to "Environmental Reading" issues. I have had oil leaks because 3 dealerships can not seem to put the cap on tight enough after an oil change. I am SO done with this car and can not wait to unload it next month. I will never recommend a Fiesta to anyone.

MY DOORS
By adenapathways

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with my door and now door handles. I was leaving for a cruise and went to close my doo and it would not close. It made for an interesting start to my vacation. They did repair this under warranty and recall. However I had to take it back the following Monday because the driver window wouldn't go down due to something during the first repair. Now my drivers door is not opening from the out side and they are telling me around 300 to repair the handle. I have talked to many people and this door has a plastic piece that attaches to the door handle and it breaks frequently. I was told you cant just buy the plastic part you must repair the whole handle. I guess I'm upset because this drivers door has given me nothing but problems and now it is out of warranty and it seems that this should also be covered under the recall. Now my transmission is slipping I also hear this is a recall and there is currently a Class Action Suit on the transmission.........

Buyer Beware! Major transmission issues!
By dtwarterian

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

3/28/18 Update - Fiesta is still running fine, it still drags and shutters but I am told that, that is a common thing. Still would not recommend, I keep my roadserve number handy at all times.
3/2017 update: car is running better after its last fix (3rd time in the shop). they had to replace a dirty clutch in the transmission(still has less than 40K miles on it), still do not recommend it. I bought my 2012 Fiesta new, to date it has less than 40k on it, I do not drive a lot. However, there have been 4 recalls on it and it is currently in the shop for the second time in three months!
First, they had to replace the clutch because of shuddering and jerking. Yesterday I had to have it towed to the shop for transmission issues. I am very disappointed in Ford and even though I have been a loyal Ford customer, this pretty much changes my mind. There is obviously as issue with the transmission, yet Ford doesn't want to spend the $$ to make a quality car.

Great car
By SS

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I've kept up with maintenance and had no problems.