Used 2016 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

oil pan leak on 2.7 eng. Adaptive steering fault
By Max

2016 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2.7 ecoboost is a great engine - but check to see if the oil pan leaking issue has been addressed on the recently built engines. Research it on the web - very common issue on the 2.7 liter motors due to faulty adhesive used on the carbon fiber oil pans on this engine. The pan has to be replaced to repair it. This issue more common on the F-150 truck which has the same 2.7 engine in many of them. The pan oil leak is not seen on many Edges since the Sport version is the only model in 2016 to have the 2.7 engine. The vehicle has been to shop twice for a fault on the adaptive steering system. On the initial shop visit (shortly after purchase) the fault was cured in a few minutes with an upgraded software. The current fault (per the dealer) can only be repaired by replacing the steering wheel - which apparently has all the electronics for the adaptive steering built in to it. The steering wheel replacement has not been completed as of the date of this report due to dealer not having the part in stock. These two issue are unfortunate because I love the car. My wife is not nearly as understanding and wants to "dump" the car now. FYI: for you "do it yourself oil change folks" this vehicle is a snap. The plastic oil drain plug comes right off with a 180 degree twist (and I mean instantly off) - when the plug is twisted the 180 the oil is coming out full bore. Also the oil filter is located up top and can be accessed from under the hood. (but get yourself a 27mm socket to unscrew the filter housing). This engine is designed for the oil to stay up in the engine and not fall to the pan instantly - which means the oil needs to be "hot" and also leave the drain plug out for an extended length of time. The navigation system is less than impressive - Garmin or the iPhone is better.

Great
By Jim

2016 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 07 mkx, 10 edge, 13 escape, this is the best by far. Great ride, quiet with excellent handling. Good gas mileage, avg. 22.5 overall up to 30 highway. This our travel car when we go away. Towing a motorcycle trailer is easy with gas mileage around 19-20. can't think of another vehicle of this type I would want.

Owned the 2016 Titanium Model for over a year now
By Robert Zell

2016 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First, in my opinion, this is a fabulous car for navigating in heavy traffic or congested areas. Visibility is great out the front and sides. The car steers on a dime, which means parking it should never be an issue. Our particular model has all the bells and whistles that were available in 2016. The only feature I've never used (mostly because I just don't quite trust it), is the self-parking option. The vehicle is touted to be able to park itself using the sensors around the bumpers and sides. The ride is quite comfortable. We've never taken an extremely long trip in it due to my wife's health but so far, we've done 200 miles round trip and didn't end up feeling like we were packed in a shipping crate when it was over. When I bought this car, it was a dealership demo with 2300 miles on it. The only thing I would have preferred differently would have been a 6 cylinder engine as opposed to the turbo equipped 4 cylinder. Not a major disappointment though. The four cylinder has sufficient pick up and cruise ability for an urban or suburban area. This car as the optional lane sensing feature as well as the collision sensing in the front. Collision sensing is a great feature. Although it does not automatically begin breaking, it does warn you both audibly and with a red bar HUD on the windshield. The braking system pr-charges, which means that as soon as your foot touches it, it begins the brake. No hesitation...even but for a moment. The audio system is a Sony, which is a fine as any system I've ever heard. Controls in the vehicle for almost any function audio, heat/ac, navigation, etc. are within easy reach and don't require searching. The cargo area in the back is fantastic for grocery shopping, even for a large family. Plenty of space to do what you need to and it's easy to load and unload. There are lots of other great features but my bottom line is that I'm not disappointed to own this car at all. In fact, I'd buy it again and more importantly, my wife loves it. She's 69 years old and for her to give it such accolades is testimony enough for me. As for MPG, our trips to Delaware have given us upwards of 33 mpg. Local driving averages about 24 to 28 depending on traffic. Only maintenance so far has been the normal oil and filter changes, along with the tire rotation. After owning this now for 22 months the mileage is just over 10,000.

The BEST
By CarsonGO

2016 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is exactly what I was looking for! Perfect!

Love my new Edge
By John

2016 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It definitely fits the needs of my new and growing family. Lots of storage and safety features, and it looks really cool too! Handles great and has a little pep when I need it. We would have probably got a lower trim level if they came with the safety package, but the titanium has lots of fun stuff, though I would have preferred to spend less. I have a friend who had an Edge and got hit by a dump truck on the side of their young son (not kidding), totalling the car, and everyone was fine. Another friend has one and loves everything but wants better gas mileage. I'm fine with it since it can tow way more than the competition that gets better gas mileage. Fair trade off for me and way better mileage than I was getting on my last vehicle. The tow package with additional cooling and safety features is great. I think my only complaint is the sunroof lowers the ceiling a little too much on the sides where the rails are and my hair can touch (I'm 6'2"). Definitely more headroom without it. The visibility around the A and C/D pillars could be better but that's probably just part of the aerodynamics of the design and hasn't been an issue. I would like the rearview mirror to be higher as it blocks my view a bit (again I'm tall), the escape didn't have that issue, but I'm getting used to it. It definitely has a more grown up feel to it compared to the escape, which is what we were also considering. It was very tough deciding between the Escape and Edge, but the tons of extra room and the bigger size to fair better in a possible accident better made it worth the extra money. After 4500 miles I'm still very pleased with my decision to purchase. I can't really comment on reliability or repair costs yet, but so far so good!