Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Don't Buy This Car
By P. Mooney

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my car used 14 months ago from a local dealer with 67,000 miles on it. 8 months in, I had to replace the driver's side front arm assembly. Yesterday, while returning from a trip, the car blew the head gasket causing coolant to leak into the oil. Result: new engine. The car only has 78,913 miles on it. Thanking God we bought a warranty on it, but doesn't change the fact that I had to rent a vehicle to get home and have to travel 3 hours away to pick up my car when it's done. I have owned several Ford vehicles in the past and this has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Time to switch back to a Toyota.

Great car for a year
By swodicka84

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Less than a month after my warranty expired, with less than 80,000 miles my water pump went out. Due to the design of the engine, it had to be dropped in order to change the pump. That was over $1200. Coolant leaked into my oil causing an ignition color go one month later. Had to replace rear brakes and pads when a loud grinding noise started, no squealing or notice at all, $375. Now, three months after that, the master cylinder has gone, another $300+. I like driving it, it has room for my kids and dogs, but it seems once one problem starts it doesn't stop. Too bad. It could have been a good car.

Edge and their brakes
By Bob

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many brake system issues with vehicle

First and Definitely Not Our Last
By John Zinn

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Edge with 150k on it and we have put a little over 10000 on it in a year. We love this car. Very reliable and comfortable with good storage space. The only complaints I have is that we didn’t get and AWD in Michigan, the tan cloth interior (not a lot of choice on a used car) and the problems with the touch screen and backup camera that are a known issue with the MyFord Touch. We will be looking at Edges again.

2011 Ford Edge
By Sam Underwood

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car new in 2011 and have never had an issue with it, one of the best cars we have ever owned and I highly recommend the Edge is general.