Used 2000 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

Used Neon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

A good value

chris, 02/27/2002

After over 38000 miles in two years this car is still running great and a lot of people like the way it looks.

Great starter car!

Brianne, 11/19/2002

This is my first car. I bought the 2000 model used with about 48,000 miles on it (highway driving). So far, I have no complaints. The one I bought is stripped down (no keyless entry, so CD player, no power windows or door locks), its an automatic transmission (which leaves a little to be desired seeing as it is only a 3-speed auto). It drives very nicely. I have noticed a wee bit of engine noise, this is only when I am above 75mph on the highway (not very often). The brakes squeal if it has been sitting for a while (like if I don't drive it for a couple days). Once the car warms up its fine. In any case, its a great little car, perfect for me.

aarrgggg

SlvrNeon2000, 12/02/2002

Ok where do I start I've had the neon for about 2 1/2 years now and it has 63k on it... and the air conditioning went after one summer use the sunroof went on me after one summer use... it makes awfull noises... and vibrates horribly although it does surprise me for room i'm 6'1 and able to fit in it not very comfortably but, i do fit... but, I wouldn't recomend this car to anyone that has high expectations... it is very affordable but, you get exactly what you pay for!

Great First Car!

engstrom77, 12/21/2002

My wife and I bought this car about 1 1/2 years ago and we love it. It gets great gas mileage and handles the road very well. The car had about 27000 miles on it when we bought it and now it has 48000 and not one thing has gone wrong. It has good get up and go and decent braking power. I knew when I bought it that it wasn't a dodge Viper but it has good acceleration off the line and in traffic. The seats do sit a little hard on the lower back especially on long road trips. We love the design of the car and the inside as well.

Don't let my score fool you

MidLman, 12/27/2002

The car was purchased used and checked out for problems before purchase. Dealership said it was in great condition. Boy were they wrong. In only one year I've had the brakes replaced, had various seals replaced, including the rear-main engine seal, and had to replace the starter as well. That's 3 major repairs in only a year. And that's not including all the factory- recalled parts I've had replaced. Otherwise it's an okay car. Mine doesn't have many features, but it's a good size and it's fun to drive. Too bad it's going to cost me a fortune in repairs in the long run.

12345...15