2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Biggest let down ever.
By Darin

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought it brand new and have had a misfire since about the first month.( they cant find it.) Also siding door rattles at times. And if sitting idling in gear with running lights or what is called driving light which are automatically on they will flicker continuously. ( another thing they cant find). Fuel mileage is nothing like advertising says. Ours doing the math miles driven vrs gallons used will alot of the times be 16 to 17. Never seen it even close to what the dash says. 25.xx miles per gallon. Yes they will warranty it but they keep telling us its normal operations. My advice dont buy one. Ours has been and still is nothing but a major headache and disappointment.

Very 😃
By Terry Lynn Johnson

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased! Great deal! So far so good!

Review of 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
By Paul Harris

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This midsized minivan is meant to be on the sportier side. With a 3.6 L V6 that allows flex fuel as well as normal fuel, this van can really go if you give it the right amount of power, although the engine has a bit of a lag at first. The startup is fairly quiet, but running vibrations while the van is in the park gear can annoying. The location gear shifter is a bit odd, but the dashboard is straightforward. Good local car, but lacks entertainment feature that would make long rod trips pleasant. Mileage is about 17 in the city and 24 on the highway. A fuel economy mode is available on certain models.

Dodge Grand Caravan
By Mike Harman

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great practical vehicle. Love the stow and go storage under the floor and radio with hard drive for my music. Has front and rear heated seats and USB ports. Kids love it!

Awesome vehicle for the Price $$$$$$
By TheObserverX

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First of all I hate minivans. I can't stand the look of any of them. I wonder why they just don't put sliding doors or SUV's but anyway. I went to the dealership to get a family car with 3rd row seating. The problem I have is that I have 2 babies and 2 elementary age kids and SUV's aren't to car seat friendly when it comes to space. I must have looked through 10 SUV's. Looked great on the outside but lacked what I needed on the inside. My son was like "want to check out the dodge grand caravan" and I was like what other choice to I have. He pulled around a black DGC SXT fully loaded. auto start, power sliding doors, power rear door, sound system out of this world, Bluetooth, hands free calling, deep bass. When I sat on the inside it had leather seating with suede. I feel in love with the inside of the vehicle. I like to feel a little manly in my vehicles and this dodge grand caravan gave me just what I needed. I didn't want to look like a soccer mom. With 280HP under the hood it doesn't hesitate one bit when stepping on the accelerator. I was not expecting this van to peel out like it did. I was shocked. So then I took it on a handling test. I drive a 2016 ford fusion 2.0 Turbo and I felt like I was driving my car around. I got to keep my dude card and be able to take my entire family around of 6 people comfortably. I'm no minivan connoisseur and I'm sure to minivan enthusiast this may not be there first or second option. But I see the new 2017 dodge grand caravan as a crossover minivan SUV combo. For men that want that look and you know the look I'm taking about. A vehicle that looks aggressive this minivan has great potential on the aftermarket just because it is a Dodge. So when people look over at my minivan, they are confused. It looks masculine and with 20" pickup truck wheels it puts this vehicle in it's very own category that hasn't been touched. Kind of like the Ford Flex.