Skip to main content

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...55

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

THROWN ROD!

inhawaii, 05/26/2013
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi with under 80,000 miles. I am the original owner. Car has been well maintained. Oil changes every 3000 miles. Never had any overheating problems. This vehicle has served me well for the past 9 years until about a month ago. Without warning, while going down the freeway, it made a terrible noise. I knew it was something major. The oil light came on. There was a bunch of smoke. I shut the engine off and pulled off the freeway. I could see oil dripping from the engine. After having to towed, i learned there was a hole in the engine block from a thrown rod. After doing some research on the web, i found 100s if not 1000s of cases just like mine.

4.88 out of 5 stars

One great car :-)

scooi29, 04/13/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned my 2004 dodge durango SLT 5.7 Hemi for almost 9 years. I've owned over ten cars in my life and never had a better car than my durango. Only had to replace the battery, and the brakes but that's it. I just hit 100 thousand today and still drives like when I bought it with 8 miles. This car could go for another 100 thousand without a problem!! My sister just got a 2009 ford explorer and that has had more problems than my Durango.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Best vehicle I've ever owned

cglietz, 03/04/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own an SLT 5.7L HEMI V8 4X4. Absolutely LOVE IT!! I bought mine in 2008 with 76,000 miles on it. It looked and ran like brand new. In my 5 years of ownership all I've had to replace is routine stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, serpentine belt, trans pan gasket at 110,000 due to small leak ($75). I have 151,000 miles on it and it runs the same as the day I purchased it. Only complaints: CD player stopped working and rust on rear tailgate by handle. I pull a large boat every summer with it also. I had a severe 50mph accident couple years ago in snow which smashed the entire passenger side. Not a scratch on me and drove the vehicle to repair shop. Extremely safe and reliable vehicle!!!

Just bought 14 yr old Durango

Preston, 05/27/2018
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased after looking for several monthes. Found a clean used 04 Durango SLT for a great price. Has 156k miles but ran a Carfax on it and it had the best Service record I had ever seen for a used vehicle. Drives and handles like a new vehicle considering it’s age and miles. Gas mileage is not great but I bought for comfort and it fits that bill perfectly.

3.25 out of 5 stars

5.7 Hemi is a lemon Crysler will not recall or rebate replacement

mattalderson, 06/12/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have a 2004 durango slt 5.7L with a hole in the block. This car was extremly well maintained. The car eats roters, has had never ending electrical problems and spun a main bearing at 160000 mils. It has never missed an oil change, the oil comes out as clean as it was put in. Crysler will not recall this problem or rebait the replacement. After serching for a replacement I have found that this seems to be a very very common problem with the 5.7, 4.7, and the 6.0.. Do not Buy A Dodge Durango or any Mopar Hemi with out asking or resurching this motor. I have lost 8,000.00 dollers on this vehical. I will never buy a Mopar again!

12345...55