2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Simply amazing.
By Dave

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T Plus 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had lots of cars. Many were 2nd cars. Fun cars so to speak. Mustangs, Thunderbirds. This 2017 Dodge Challenger was different. It was bad ass looking and fun to drive. Lots of fun. Get the 8 speed automatic and forget manual. It's amazing! Be prepared to get compliments at the pumps. Lots of compliments. The sound that comes out of the rear is worth the price alone. Forget the V6 SRX. Go for the gusto and get a Hemi. The bigger the better. I got the RT. It's Mid Range and just right for me. Fast, but not furious. If you can afford it, get the Scat Pack and Shaker hood scoop.

cool
By Thomas Weinmeyer

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe GT 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

gt package is the way to go,,,plenty of power, good fuel economy

Bring Back Hood Mounted Directional Indicators
By Paul Uccello

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My Challenger has been great - though I must confess that I only drive it for recreation. I have no complaints except to say that there are gives and gets with such a sleek body style...and you have to take the bad with the good. My only suggestion is to please reintroduce something that's been missing for years from Dodge muscle cars - namely, the hood mounted directional signals. Yes, i know, they were a styling feature on the charger, but they made these cars so distinctively Dodge that they are always sought-after by buyers of old Chargers First, are they intact, and second....do they still work? Agreed, this feature adds nothing to the functionality or safety of the vehicle (similar to sequential directional signals offered by Ford), but they're so darn cool...and so darn Mopar! I swear, if they were offered on new Challengers, I'd trade my 2014 in on a new one. How shallow and immature is that? But then again, isn't that what's it's all about?

Badass RT Plus Challenger
By jbats

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T Plus 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a cool car for a woman or a man. I just happen to be a female so to me, if a man thinks your car is 'cool' then you have a stellar automobile. The car is powerful and extremely comfortable. I had an internal struggle to get an automatic with paddle shifts over a straight-up manual. Believe me, I don't feel like I'm 'missing' anything. I thoroughly enjoy the ride and since my car is loaded with goodies, I couldn't be happier with my choice considering the traffic to work and pleasure driving. This car will impress your speakfreak friends and I'm sure your older relatives for pure comfort alone!

Updated 10.30.18 - still absolutely love my car! It hauls when asked in short notice & a true comfort/pleasure to drive even in traffic.

Dashing through the snow!!
By the Mailman

2017 Dodge Challenger Coupe GT 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car to be my daily driver, year 'round, when I'm not driving my import roadster. I've already had several chances to drive in winter conditions and the car is flawless in wet, snowy, icy conditions. The V-6 has plenty of power with 305HP. So far I love everything about it and look forward to, I hope, many miles of service. If Dodge made this model as a convertible my roadster might find itself a new owner.