Used 2008 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Wish I never bought Caliber!
By Patricia

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my caliber in December of 07, since then, I've had to replace my gas gauge (and it's still messed up), my tire pressure light goes on and off whenever if wants, MY BRAKES are horrible! dodge won't do anything about it, they squeak, they get stuck, and it makes the car shake when I brake. Dodge uses cheap materials to make their cars. If I could go back I would definitely not have even looked into this car.

The stereo in the SXT sport, and the AC.

Show some names on radio display, better materials and better brakes!

Terrible customer service
By mike c

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I liked my Dodge for the first 18 months then started having problems first it needed a strut for the front end but that didn't fix problem now back shocks are making noise, so took to dealer and he said he cannot find problem, close to warranty ending, my last doge ever.

NONE

Interior to much plastic better shocks platinum plugs better better customer service

Dodge Caliber
By Chris

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Dodge Caliber is a good above basic car and has an affordable price tag. Its performance is based on the maintenance of the CVT, you need to have it cleaned every 15,000 miles, then the car snaps when you accelerate. It could use a turbo version with the 4 cylinder, but the cost of the vehicle can reflect the turbo enhancement (Volvo does this - I own an S40 1.9T and love it). The car handles well in the snow, minus the all- wheel or 4 wheel option, due to the 17" tires and wide wheel base. The warning sensor are a flaky, but its due to the cable harnesses and connections. The car could use a little better suspension for a better ride. We like the car, just tweak it a little.

the AC adapter outlet, 2 glove boxes.

Cruise Control on Steering wheel, center console between Driver seat and passenger seat needs some work. Needs a DVD player & Screen in the rear for the kids. Enhance the Suspension a little for comfort. Right now, I have my eye on the new Cadalliacs, I'm impressed with their changes.

Great Little Car!
By Doug

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I tested several similar cars and liked all of them but decided on the '08 Caliber. I have to say that I love this car and don't regret for a second the decision to buy it. I got the SXT with 2.0 and CVT and average 29-31 mpg consistently mostly driving to work and back. The CVT shifts smoothly and effortlessly and overall has a lot of pep, steering system is tight and responsive, ride is smooth and comfortable. I have owned nothing but GM and Honda vehicles for the past 20 years but went out on a limb and went with Dodge this time. I must admit that I'm quite impressed with this little car. Great job, Dodge!

CVT, Chillzone for long trips, Fantastic sound system with satellite and 6 disc, Comfortable seating and ride, Alloy rims, Rugged body styling, Sunroof

Power adapters need to stay hot when ignition if off, Cup holders for back seat get in the way.

Do not buy this car
By Nikki

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Six months after I bought this car the transmission has all but stopped working. I then find out that Chrysler has problems with these transmission.but certainly don't stand by their failure to provide a quality product. Then I find out Chrysler hasn't even released the tools to rebuild the transmission. I will have to get another one. This car is also horrible for comfort. My back hurts all the time while driving. This would only be good for a to and from work car...if you want to replace the transmission.

None

Chrysler needs to fix the transmission problems or replace the transmissions free of cost. The comfort needs improved drastically.