Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Liked the Car
By jbryant123456@yahoo.com

2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Sorry I did not get the car just did not have enough time to go down there. I work a lot and my time is limited.

Still my fun sedan in my memories..
By Dave Kerr

2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan TSI 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only weak point we found was a plastic bleeder valve in the cooling system- Ours broke at 96000 miles and it was a $500 fix ( 70 for the valve but 430 in time) Otherwise we had some warranty work early in its life. Generally I bought the car on the spur of the moment trading in a Gr Chkee just to get a little better mpg The car always got compliments- had two tone leather, wood trim, and plenty of reserve power; It handled like my Talon TSI on the road. While it had all the electronic toys you could get- it quickly began to lag in electronics when I traded it in on a 2013. Now the 2013 lacks features like blind spot warning and variable cruise control and auto stop. I never regretted the Sebring for a daily driver. We have had over 30 cars-Olds, Gr Chkees; Eagles; Talons;Commander;Vans; 3 Wranglers and the family Cadillacs. So we have a good base of comparisons

christine is her name
By rick flanagan

2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2.7 litre v6.i absolutely love it.i named her christine.i bought it off a lot in 2013.paid 5.,000.had 89,000 miles.i noticed a small issue that a full tune up would fix.i was right, new coils and plugs did the trick.what people havent figured out is that the engine is designed by mercedes.from a dead stop, it produces massive torque.very fast.i upgraded the exhaust to flowmaster, now she rumbles.I love this car so much that now it has a bluetooth cd player with a awesome sound system.im very pleased.its a smooth ride, everything is reaching distance when driving and plenty of power when i need it.from my research i have found that the v6 touring sebring is basically a sports car with four doors.

Best car I have owned...love my Chrysler
By Michele Hurchla

2006 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned nice cars but this car is the top.I have owned my car for about 4 years. I love my 2006 sebring touring. Fantastic car, i love the size not too big or too small. Runs like a charm with normal relacement of parts. Its actually really good in the winter. Safety has airbags all around car. I live in the country and drive mostly highway 22-25 miles per gallon.
Can't really find any negative. I just hit 170,000 miles and this baby is like the energizer bunny. I'm not kidding. My daughter keeps saying mom why dont you get a new car. I said because I dont need one. I love my car. She sees all the fancy cars out there. What the difference is they have 400.00 car pymts and i dont. I havent had a car payment in over ten years. So I have to laugh when I was younger always thought I needed new car at 70,000 but my Chrysler has proved me wrong. Chrysler please make this same model car again.

Dec 2017 SOLD
By Dawn

5/2017
Well for Christmas I got a new car! I sold the Chrysler for $700, a lot more than the dealer was going to give me. I loved my Chrysler. It was my baby and she treated me well for the 10 and a half years I had her! The only reason I got a new car was that the front end, although I'd had it fixed in 2015, was not going to make another year, or so my husband thought. I'd have kept her for another 10 years if I could have.

11/2016
I still love my girl! More now than ever, because there is no car payment. Had the hood re-painted in the spring; had the ball joint replaced, the window motor replaced, the power door lock mechanism repaired (someone had disconnected it, not removed) , got a nice wood plank to put in the trunk over the spare donut tire well, and now we are looking at getting the trunk POP SPRING repaired. Other than that, this car is worth every penny I paid! I still love it! My husband is always telling me he wants to buy me a new one, but, if I want a new one, I'll go rent one for a day or two! This car has no technology other than a cassette/cd player and one power plug where a lighter used to plug into, of course, it came with no ashtray and at the time, that sucked for me! But now I am a nonsmoker, so I have no issue.

2015:
I bought in 2007 Apr with 17k miles on it. Overpriced for sure. Have finally paid it off and not wanting to get into another car pmnt. First thing fixed was the fuel tank...then the drivers window motor... now it is 10 yrs old since it was built and it needs new passenger window motor and some dumb head removed the interior door lock mechanism so I am having to get that installed as well; And needs a paint job! The all leather seats were awesome until my husband had to use my car for a few years, so I just bought slip on seat covers. The trunk 'donut' cover broke the first time my husband pulled it out, so need a replacement for that.
I love this car, rides great and is smooth on the highway. Gas mileage, not so good, about 23 mpg. it is now at 118k and just starting to have some things that need to be addressed like ball joints and steering belt; Firestone replaced the alternator a couple months back...