Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Not Bad, But Could be Better

mbistoocool, 06/30/2002

Overall a very fun vehicle to own. Mine is a 1998 and still gets admirers. Build quality is just ok. I too have had my rear defroster come loose several times and now I dont even bother getting it fixed anymore. Starter went bad, and im worred about the transmission, it hesitates a little from first to second. But other than that it is a very nice car.

This car was Great!!

Chris17654, 08/28/2002

This vehicle was great when I first got it. But later on in the year it started having problems. Every time I hit the gas it makes this humming sound that can really get on your nerves when on long trips out of town. Also the front axle seems to breaking down. There is some kind of rattling sound. All though it is almost impossible to get a better sound system installed because of the way everything is hooked up to the Amp in the trunk. The car is just to weird. The 1998 model should have been a manual anyway. It would work alot better so the buyers would be able to "Hook it up". Like cold air intakes etc.....

Junk!

L.A. Mark, 07/30/2003

Bought the car two years ago with 29K on it. Have had the car in the shop 6 times in 2 years. Repairs run from simple electrical to broken suspension pieces that left me stranded on vacation. Front left wheel makes a thunking sound over speed bumps or rough roads and the dealer says they hear and feel it but can't find it. They keep saying its the brakes ( funny you said the same thing 5,000 miles ago when YOU replaced them!) Basically a good looking, comfortable car, with poor handling and Horrid build quality. First American made car I've owned in 15 years and will be the last one I ever own

Just OK...

Chris, 04/25/2006

I have been happy with this car mechanically....but....too low in front, bad turning radius, rattles in glovebox and sunroof, exterior cladding fell off, stiff ride(but enjoyable). I have owned it since new. I would not buy another one. It has been an OK car and decently good looking. The cab forward design was interesting for looks but practical it is not. The newer models don't look as good, and the redesign doesn't even look promising. I won't recommend this car used unless you plan on adding a lot of aftermarket styling and equipment...should be cheap. It isn't even worth what edmunds or bluebook says it is worth.

okay for cheap coupe

Mark, 08/23/2006

Yeah those cheap chrysler rims and the brakes I fixed but it does look good! I had to tape together the bottom of the front bumper from curb and road rash, to low! Nice exhaust sound to bad it doesnt translate into horsepower although it goes if you keep your foot in it. The one thing not mentioned is this cars higher insurance rating, still I'll keep it for awhile its kinda fun. Watch out for those curbs and potholes or you'll be looking for new rims!

12345...11