2017 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

In a world of vanilla, Chrysler 200 is chocolate!
By Ted

2017 Chrysler 200 C Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I've rented this vehicle several times with different trim levels and configurations but I recently test drove the AWD C model at the dealer. Wow, a nice vehicle with an interior that looks and feels much more like a premium import than a domestic standard-bearer. Chrysler went way out on a limb to offer a truly world-class mid-size sedan. It's stylish, with a real get up and go that surprised me on a few occasions. FCA did a dumb thing by prematurely ending its run. Chrysler 200 C rules!

200C V6 AWD - King of the Mid-Size Segment
By Zorn Casteel

2017 Chrysler 200 C Platinum 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

(with possible exception to the 4-door Accord V6) ..... Have had car since March this year .. Got it with just 12K miles. .. Have taken it from Charlotte, NC, to Michigan and back ... Milwaukee, and back ... And just completed a round trip to Cincinnati.

.. These (2016s and '17s) are available with wonderful rebates, now ... Get the V6. Get the V6, get the V6! Not because there's anything wrong with the 2.4 liter -> It's an awesome motor .. But they (on some 200s) didn't build the 9-speed automatic transmission, to the motor well ... Also since mid-model year 2016 can get the middle grade car, the Limited, with the V6 motor.

Mine's a C - top of the 200 sedan food chain ... It is absolutely AWESOME! All wheel drive package. 300 horsepower (It isn't said, anywhere, but the AWD has a smidgen more power, than the non .. Has different exhaust.) ... Love the dash, in this .. How you can sift through all the different things, in the car, with the button on your steering wheel ... Mine is jet-black, black leather inside had granite grey rims; 19 inch .. The dial transmission works, just great! Some 'expert' car review places have gone on that "Geez it has too many speeds .. Who wants to shift, nine times?" ... Well you DON'T shift, nine times .. in regular driving. Speeds 8 and 9 are highway cruising gears ... and are why with my V6 I got an incredible 31 & 1/2 mpg, on my trip to Ohio.

My car also has the manual shift mode with steering-mounted levers, for if I want to really fly, off of a light. 8.4 inch touch screen is rhe best, I've ever seen ... Better than my friend's, in his Camry (He even says this .. lol) ... I do miss a CD player. ... But I'm getting my albums on a couple USBs, to stick in and pull up and play. One has about 40, so far.

As to the flap about the rear roof line [That Sergio, head of Fiat was waayyy too sensitive about, in that interview he gave ... He was not recognizing that Consumer Reports just doesn't like Chryslers, and has been biased against Chrysler, for a long time] [I mean kids getting in and out of the back is no problem ... And really how many people who drive these have (other) adults, getting in and out of the back, all week? C.R. took one item and hammered the whole car, because of it. And a lot of people are quickly influenced by Consumer Reports. Thankfully, I wasn't]

So, this car is derived from an Alpha Romeo ... It's cool I'm driving something with some Italian blood.
Summing up: Car is terrific ... Wonderful power, takes the curves with aplomb .. Seats could be slightly more comfortable, but they're ok. ... 100K mile powertrain warranty. .. Awesome tech :) ... ... ... Update - Chrysler made, in the marketing of this car (In part leading to it's demise. - FCA, you want me to sit in on your next new car marketing meeting? Send me a note -> You need me) ~
They did not promote this car {200C and 200S V6} near enough. In their TV and radio advertising they did not spell out differentiation between the lower LX and Limited models, and my car. .. Most people thought it was just 'the Chrysler 200' ... While they would have had a lot more buyers for the high end ones ... if they advertised them. .. They are jam-packed with features found in Audis and BMWs, which cost thousands and thousands more. 2. They SHOULD NOT HAVE called it the 200. The last 200 car was starting to have some really bad things said about it (yes, some unfair) .. But the point is if they would have dropped the name, associated with a struggling, marginal vehicle - And came up with a brand new name, and presented the car it would be a different ballgame. Sergio is an idiot, and I'm glad he's leaving - - Because he really believes that if Consumer Reports says you made a crappy car, you made a crappy car. ... Point is put this car out with a new name; it's a NEW CAR ... People wouldn't mentally have to get the bad taste out of their mouths, from the last model - to step in the car, objectively, and take it on test-drive.
Yes also making sure the 9-speed trans was better synced to the 2.4 liter motor, would've been a good move .. But if they do those two things, they didn't - sales would have been huge, and the bad word of Consumer Reports' review wouldn't have had the effect on the perception of the car, it did. .. They may not even have written it. (And I keep referring to it because go look at sales, of the 2015-2016 200 - They were pretty good; and when that hit they dropped off the cliff .. literally overnight)
... The car is NOT one of the worst investments they ever made .. Not itself ... It became a costly mistake, because of the way they mismanaged it's launch, and initial promotion of the different models. Lots of stupid things ... Like they should never have let any 200Cs be made with the 4 cylinder. Keep it at the lofty perch, at top car of the line [It has the V6. This is a 300 horsepower car .. Period.] ... They confused everything. .. I still love mine :)

Don’t buy Chrysler 200
By Dk

2017 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Don’t buy Chrysler problems arising one on one ..headache

Bought a brand new 2017 Chrysler 200
By Jeffrey Horstman

2017 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Honestly by far a reliable vehicle. Bought mine with 7 miles on the odometer. Now I have 16500 miles on the odometer. Only oil changes and tire rotations. This car versus my old Chevy cruze has been rock solid reliable. The 9 speed computerized automatic transmission takes some getting use to, I don't feel it shift at all neither do my passengers. The back seat is spacious rather the head room is kinda tight. Love the European styling too. Sadly they are discontinued, however I bought new so I'm upside down. I suggest buying them used much better deals and more affordable. The interior is top notch too, I average 26 mpg combined, in Wisconsin with hills and traffic as well as a lot of cold starts and morning too. Five star crashtests across the board sold me on it

I love this car!
By Dante

2017 Chrysler 200 S Alloy Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I love my Chrysler 200S with AWD! It has some great features such as blind spot monitoring and the panoramic sunroof! I am sad they are discontinuing them after 2017! I do not know why people give this car such harsh reviews because it's a great car. The acceleration and its road manners make it a pleasure to drive. I love the Uconnect system it is the best in the business. The gas mileage has been great I get up to 40 MPG on the highway and usually around 28 MPG with mixed driving. My only warning is that the backseat headroom is not too great and I think its even worse with the panoramic sunroof option. I love this car so much! I hope you get to have a wonderful experience with it just like I do.