2017 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

In a world of vanilla, Chrysler 200 is chocolate!
By Ted

2017 Chrysler 200 C Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I've rented this vehicle several times with different trim levels and configurations but I recently test drove the AWD C model at the dealer. Wow, a nice vehicle with an interior that looks and feels much more like a premium import than a domestic standard-bearer. Chrysler went way out on a limb to offer a truly world-class mid-size sedan. It's stylish, with a real get up and go that surprised me on a few occasions. FCA did a dumb thing by prematurely ending its run. Chrysler 200 C rules!

200C V6 AWD - King of the Mid-Size Segment
By Zorn Casteel

2017 Chrysler 200 C Platinum 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

(with possible exception to the 4-door Accord V6) ..... Have had car since March this year .. Got it with just 11K miles. .. Have taken it from Charlotte, NC, to Michigan and back ... Milwaukee, and back ... And just completed a trip to Cincinnati.

.. These ('17s) are available with wonderful rebates, now ... Get the V6. Get the V6, get the V6! Not because there's anything wrong with the 2.4 liter -> It's an awesome motor .. But they didn't match the 9-speed automatic transmission, to the motor well ...
Also since mid-model year 2016 can get the middle grade car, the Limited, with the V6 motor.

Mine's a C - top of the 200 sedan food chain ... It is absolutely AWESOME! All wheel drive package. 300 horsepower (It isn't said, anywhere, but the AWD has a smidgen more power, than any non-AWD car - Due to it having a different exhaust. ... Love the dash, in this .. How you can sift through all the different things, in the car, with the button on your steering wheel ... Easy to check on all systems ... Mine is jet-black, black leather inside had granite grey rims; 19 inch .. The dial transmission works, just great! Some 'expert' car review places have gone on that "Geez it has too many speeds .. Who wants to shift, nine times?" ... Well you DON'T shift, nine times .. In regular driving. Speeds 8 and 9 are highway cruising gears ... and are why with my V6 I got an incredible 31 & 1/2 mpg, on my trip to Ohio.

My car also has the manual shift mode with steering-mounted levers, for if I want to really fly, off of a light. 8.5 inch touch screen is rhe best, I've ever seen ... Better than my friend's, in his Camry (He even says this .. lol) ... I do miss a CD player. ... But I'm getting my albums on a couple USBs, to stick in and pull up and play. One has about 40, so far.

As to the flap about the rear roof line [That Sergio, head of Fiat was waayyy to sensitive about, when he gave an interview ... He was not recognizing that Consumer Reports just doesn't like Chryslers, and has been biased, against Chrysler, for a long time] [I mean kids getting in and out of the back is no problem ... And really how many people who drive these have (other) adults, getting in and out of the back, all week? C.R. took one item and hammered the whole car, because of it. And a lot of people are quickly influenced, by Consumer Reports. Thankfully, I wasn't]

So, this car is derived from an Alpha Romeo ... I think it's cool I'm driving something with some Italian blood.
Summing up: I love this car ... Wonderful power, takes the curves with aplomb .. Seats could be slightly more comfortable, but they're ok. ... 100K mile powertrain warranty. .. Awesome tech :)

Don’t buy Chrysler 200
By Dk

2017 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Don’t buy Chrysler problems arising one on one ..headache

Bought a brand new 2017 Chrysler 200
By Jeffrey Horstman

2017 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Honestly by far a reliable vehicle. Bought mine with 7 miles on the odometer. Now I have 16500 miles on the odometer. Only oil changes and tire rotations. This car versus my old Chevy cruze has been rock solid reliable. The 9 speed computerized automatic transmission takes some getting use to, I don't feel it shift at all neither do my passengers. The back seat is spacious rather the head room is kinda tight. Love the European styling too. Sadly they are discontinued, however I bought new so I'm upside down. I suggest buying them used much better deals and more affordable. The interior is top notch too, I average 26 mpg combined, in Wisconsin with hills and traffic as well as a lot of cold starts and morning too. Five star crashtests across the board sold me on it

I love this car!
By Dante

2017 Chrysler 200 S Alloy Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I love my Chrysler 200S with AWD! It has some great features such as blind spot monitoring and the panoramic sunroof! I am sad they are discontinuing them after 2017! I do not know why people give this car such harsh reviews because it's a great car. The acceleration and its road manners make it a pleasure to drive. I love the Uconnect system it is the best in the business. The gas mileage has been great I get up to 40 MPG on the highway and usually around 28 MPG with mixed driving. My only warning is that the backseat headroom is not too great and I think its even worse with the panoramic sunroof option. I love this car so much! I hope you get to have a wonderful experience with it just like I do.