Used 2016 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Got more than I paid for
By Robert Parker

2016 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

1. Great Price- bought used, 2016 model purchased 2017 with 9800 miles & paid $16,000 with dealer provided finance co. 2. Mechanical- still under warranty when purchased (1 warranty service replaced entire rack & pinion at 30,000 miles after i went off road, shhh). Motor, transmission, brakes, a/c, starter, alternator, etc. performing great holding up strong now at 49,000 miles. using as company vehicle 3. Performance- not a big fan of 4 cylinders, but surpassed expectations, as expected has slow acceleration but have tracked highway mileage at over 49 MPG at 1800 RPM flat highway. Cold air. Brakes average, but i have stomped them hard several times and still has firm pedal but does not stop quick like truck brakes. Fully expect motor and transmission to hold out well until trade in at 125,000 miles. No complaints about 9 speed transmission shifts smooth for me. starts easy, idles and runs smooth. Driven hard in Texas climate from hill country to desert terrain to Saltwater Gulf at 40,000 miles i have driven in less than 18 months. Runs strong and durable. 4. Comfort/ features- interior is loaded as are most 4 cylinders to hide economy of the power train. Bluetooth, stereo, automated controls, etc best i have had but newest vehicle i ever owned as i assume power ports, etc. are now standard equipment as phone, computer, audio, video technologies merge. Looks expensive based on dash (back uo camera, programmable features, monitors for MPG, air pressure, temperatures, etc. ). Good driving experience for balance of economy cost for purchase price, maintenance costs (american made parts & labor), operation (1 gallon of gas over 40 miles highway), & enough power for climbing hills, entering freeway speeds, and carrying people and cargi load capacity. The back seat headroom never an issue for me as front extra roomy and just put kids or shorter passengers in back (mom slept in back on road trips). If you want fancy or show not your vehicle but looks stylish inside and out for avg. surburban family. I would buy again.

blind spot
By Jrogers

2016 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Nice looking. Driving the Chrysler 200 2016 is a problem for me when I have a passenger in the car. I just cannot see traffic coming from the passenger side. When at a four way intersection the whole passenger side becomes a blind spot. And when I step out of the car on either driver or passenger side my foot gets stuck on the step up and over to step out of the car. the tint is very dark. Just don't know what I was thinking.Ready to trade in with only 10,000 miles.

Great car so far
By Ray

2016 Chrysler 200 Limited Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I bought it a year with 13500 miles ; have added 10,000. Only issues have been thermostat replacement because it stuck open so engine wouldn't warm up properly, and having the trans control module software updated. I like the look and feel of this car. Handles well but accelerates a bit slow and trans shifts a bit too soon out of 1st but it is designed to do this. Mileage is excellent as is sound system. It does need some oil in between changes at about 4000 miles.

It holds a full size string bass and cello
By Jeannette Pessaro

2016 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The acceleration is a bit slow and jerky but once it's above 25mph it does great. The trunk is a grest v size and I am able to transport a full size string bass and full size cello at the same time (along with smaller instruments like violins, clarinets, trumpets and saxes! That was my biggest requirement. You have to duck a lot to get into the backnowledge seats and that is as an average height woman. It's fiber for kids, but tall teens might knock their heads! Overall, I love the carea, the features and it's response to braking and steering

Owned for nearly 3 Years Now
By DK67

2016 Chrysler 200 C 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have not had it into the shop for anything except oil changes. Yes, the transmission occasionally (rarely) jerks in low gears 1st or 2nd, but not a big deal. It rides great on highway. I have the 4 cylinder, so it's not super quick, but it gets up to speeds fine and doesn't feel bogged down except for maybe when you stop and start a lot in city with AC running. I would have gotten the 3.6L if it was my only car, but it was a second car I bought to use as a daily driver. The 2.4L is fine for me. The looks, features and interior are good for the price. I don't know why people have trouble getting in, I'm 6'2" and I don't struggle at all. The only interior rattle I've had is from the sunglasses holder, which I fixed with a piece of stick on vinyl to eliminate the plastic on plastic rubbing that was occurring. If you want to compare it to a luxury sedan, yeah, it's going to lose. It's also half the price and still performs great for a daily car. I purchased mine with serious rebates, so I paid only about 2/3 of sticker price, so I'm very happy with it. I have leather, heated seats, cruise, rear camera, blue tooth, touchscreen, usb, power seats an much more for under $20K. I also own a mint condition 2008 CTS, yet I don't feel like I'm slumming when I drive my 200. I think Chrysler is making a mistake discontinuing these. My wife drives a loaded Chrysler Town & Country that has had several issues, but the 200 has been problem free. I have no plans on getting rid of it as it looks and rides like new.