Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Van

paulie69, 07/19/2014
Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned my no frills van for 5yrs and have 160K miles on it. It has been very reliable and I have had to do no major work to it, just new tires and tie rod ends last year. It still runs like a new car although I now need to replace the ball joints and the ac stopped working this summer. It isn't fancy and has very few power options but it is the most dependable vehicle I've had and I have always driven imports before. I wish Chevy still made this vehicle.

A Chevy man

badbob, 11/28/2008
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a Ford, but that may change. I have never seen an auto with more problems than this one. My wife bought it used and it was back and forth to the shop with one thing after another to b repaired. Now out of warranty it's my job to repair. It tkes more time than the 74 Chevy truck I'm restoring. The electric seat is jammed in the foward position making it impossable to drive. The windows always die in the down position. I drive a car to get from point A to point B as most of us do. The more options the more trouble. I don't need a Dolby surround sound theater, global tracking,or a fuse box with 30 miles of paper thin wires leading to useless options. Are You listening GM?

So many positives, a few big negatives

Daniel DeLamater, 03/23/2006
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Well, we have been pleased with our car overall. But thank God we purchased the extended warranty. I would not recommend avoiding this van - I would just say get as much warranty as possible. We stopped at 75,000 miles and it wasn't enough. We are about to replace the 2nd hub assembly, we have had gaskets go out, we have had fuel regulators to replace, etc., etc. The utility of this van is excellent. It's roominess, drivability, and overall reliability are positives. Thankfully we had the warranty as long as we did - and that we have a wonderful dealership to work with. Otherwise I might not be so kind.

It's been good

chevy40, 06/26/2010
Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's been good to me and my family, I have had a few problems but nothing the dealership didn't fix right away, but after 250,000 km the transmission is making a horrible clunking sound, hate to get rid of it but I think its time to put her to rest. : ( any suggestions for a new vehicle?

My HoopTee

Stas , 08/31/2010
Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought her brand new and 10 yrs later still cant kill it. This van has never failed my family or me. Was my wife's daily driver for the first 7 yrs and has been the household beater since. Wiper motor, blower, suspension, steering wheel, radiator was replaced since new. Other than BASIC maintenance and upkeep, this van has been very affordable and worth every Penny spent when bought brand new from the dealer. The 6 cylinder engine is pretty powerful and starts up every single time. My children, now are older, are embarrassed by it but I still drive it daily. Whether it be to work, the mall, the shore, the dump, sporting events etc. It sure was a worthwhile investment from the onset. Thanks GM, I must have gotten a gem. : )

2001 Chevy Venture Plus

Armstead, 10/31/2006
Plus 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The look of the van is the best part. Performance is excellent. Changed the fuel pump and very expensive radiator in the first year of ownership. A great family vehicle. The extended version would have been better for groceries.

never buy a venture, EVER!!!

lemonloverx7, 01/30/2010
LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It looks nice but its very unreliable. The back seats are so unfordable! Everyone hates sitting in the back two rows. 3 smalls seats jammed in the second row its not comfortable at all. the fronts seat are okay though. we have had so many problem that I can't even remember all of them. But a few big problems were, intake manifold gasket, oil leaks, leaking anti-freeze, temperature regulator, tail light assembly failure, AC stop working randomly, slipping transmission. The intake manifold gasket seems to be a big problem in chevy! Not a good car at all! The LT has to many features that brake alot. The van only has 124,000 miles on it. my friend has a Subaru with 241,000 and its still going!

When it starts to go wrong, gets worse

unhappy, 10/26/2009
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2001 Venture has been very well taken care of with regular dealer servicing and low annual milage (about 8500 miles per year). About a year ago, the head gasket started to leak... Since then we had to replace the head gasket, then instrument cluster control module an now - the driver side window mechanism. All in all it about $5000 of repairs on a 8 year old van with about 70K miles on it! Also the dealer - Fisher Chevy in Boulder - treated us very poorly. And the repair cost just snow balled. And now - there is no telling what will be next! Awful reliability and build quality.

A GREAT VEHICLE!

Diane, 07/15/2005
Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Warner Bros. minivan is a great vehicle. I drive a great deal and am very comfortable with the van's handling and maneuverability. I have had this van 4-1/2 years, and the reliability has been great! I would highly recommend this vehicle. I love this van so much that I intend on keeping it for many, many years to come.

No More GM (Gouge Me)

Wade Petrishen, 06/24/2006
LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABC/ABF Package (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have replaced by 50000 miles: steering rack, steering pump, LF hub, cyl head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets NEEDS replacing: electronic level control shocks are leaking and should be replaced. Because of the exhorbitant cost I will probably convert the system, even though I like it, to a regular system.

51050