2018 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Amazing Car!
By Mike Mallick

2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT Cloth 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased a 2014 Traverse through Costco. I've driven over a million miles in my life, having traveled for biz in my past. As well, in college I drove construction trucks. I know my way around a motor vehicle. The car handles urban driving well and on my 3,000 mile round trips back to the midwest, the car is a dream; Rocky Mountain highways & all. This car fits my lifestyle perfectly. Nice road feel, good acceleration, top marks for reliability, good looking, etc. Very happy with my purchase and believe there is real value in Chevy's Traverse. That said, I'm a big vehicle guy who feels that if safety is important, size matters. If one prefers a compact SUV, this isn't it. The only complaint I've had, does not involve the manufacturer, but rather the dealer. At 40,000 miles I decided to upon a dealer service. Big mistake, but probably my bad for not asking more questions. I assumed that considering the service cost ($700+), that this was a traditional "tune up" to include spark plug replacements. Not so. They changed vehicle fluids only! Checked with my wife & compared her costs and my neighborhood mechanic's past bills (for identical fluid changes). IMO, the bill should have been around $375. Live & learn! BTW, other than that, the dealership has been very professional & I'm quite happy with their overall customer service. Am thinking of a new 2018 Traverse & will give my 2014 purchase dealership a strong shot at the business. Why a 2018? Well, I wanted leather & the new side radar safety feature. Obviously would buy again. Go Chevrolet!

Impressed so far
By Jimmy

2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT Cloth 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Like it so far. Only have 3500 miles. Really impressed with mpg. Easily gets 27 mpg highway. Touchscreen really nice but can be distracting. Custom fitting floor mats awesome. Quality seems good.

Buyer's BEWARE!!!!
By Brian D

2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We recently leased a 2018 Chevy Traverse on 4/26/2018. On 4/28/2018, two days after purchase the car began flashing all services lights (All Wheel Drive, Steering Assist Service, Power Steering, Etc) My wife immediately pulls over the car and contacts the dealership service department letting them know what happened (6 months pregnant and with our 1 1/2 year old) They advised they could fit us in for a check of the vehicle 2 weeks later, and to continue driving it. She drives 3 houses further down the street and the engine begins to knock and shuts down and locks up. (Wish I could post the videos on here) Now the dealership advises they can send a tow truck to pick up the vehicle for us. They call 2 days later saying the computers just needed to be reset and everything was fine. We picked up the vehicle on 4/30/2018, and the next day the check engine light comes on again! Bring it back to the dealership that night, and they say they want to keep the traverse for a week to make sure everything was perfect. It is now 5/21/2018 and we still do not have the vehicle because when they think they fixed the problem the engine light keeps coming back on, and this morning they advised they are having a problem with the windshield wipers and they sometimes do not shut off. I have been back and forth with Chevy directly trying to get a new vehicle and set up a claim with them and have been advised there is nothing they can do and continue to communicate with the dealership to get it fixed! The worst service imaginable. The car has 90 MILES on it, we have owned it for 24 days and have only been able to drive it for a day and half.

Ok car
By Jahan

2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT Leather 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

interior needs an upgrade

2018 shifting issue
By Michael logston

2018 Chevrolet Traverse Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Buyer beware. Any traverse that came off the line before april 18 2018 has a known shifting problem. GM says it doesnt exist but bulletin 18-NA-121 1st gear or reverse no upshift. Vehicle wont go above 40mph. Mine just came back from the shop. They are replacing the valve body spacer plate. Gm lied and said no issue but my dealer gave me a copy of the bulletin. So they had to tear into my brand new traverse to fix the trans. 8k miles.