2017 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Good looking
By Jack

2017 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/1LT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is dependable low maintenance new version has better gas milage and more cargo space

Don't buy a Chevy
By April

2017 Chevrolet Traverse LS Base 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2017 new. I have had issues with it from day one. The dealer has dismissed me like I am a stupid woman. I have had to get my father to take it in and he is treated much differently. They car is huge and I like that. The outside and look is nice. The inside is roomy. The gas mileage is terrible. The light dimmer doesn't always light up so you can be driving for some time with no lights on and the dealer will claim it is you.

Run away from traverse!!
By Carasimon

2017 Chevrolet Traverse LS Base 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unless you want to pay an additional 4,500 for a new transmission I suggest you run to ford, Toyota or Honda fast! I loved this car initially but after new brakes front and back, new water pump, new alternator and now the topper a new transmission! This is not a family car it is a money pit. Oh and don’t count on the dealer or chevy to help- they will just go back and forth with you for a month to result in nothing!

Suprised after years of driving Hyundai Santa Fe
By Jenith Strickland

2017 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/2LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice interior, rough ride, !ess road noise

Got this after the 2015 Journey
By Jennifer

2017 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/1LT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a 2015 Journey, I can say that overall, I prefer the 2017 Chevy Traverse so far.I have the LT1, which I understand to be the mid range model. Much roomier, wonderfully smooth ride, captains chairs in the middle row bring more comfort for the backseat passengers and also make it easier to access the 3rd row. I feel it has a classier interior with the dual brown/gray color combination. Better fuel economy, much more storage space with both the 3rd row up and down and from the drivers perspective, much more fun to drive as it handles very well and as I said previously, has such a smooth ride. The down side? The infotainment center isn't as up to date and user friendly as the Journey, it won't connect to my iphone 5s so I can't use the texting or pandora features, it doesn't have the auto unlock feature where all the doors unlock when the driver grabs the door handle, it starts with a key instead of a button start which means I have to get used to having my keys out when I leave where before I could just leave them in my purse and my final gripe is that it doesn't have a digital speedometer!! I have had a digital speedometer since my 2012 DodgeCaravan and I am finding it hard adjusting to actually having to read the speedometer instead of just glancing down to see the digital number. I do believe that all of these features I don't like were eliminated with the 2018 Traverse so in 2 years when I turn in my lease, if I were to get another one and those features were upgraded, I would give it 5 starts