Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Very good vehicle

ktflorida, 02/06/2011
LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 FWD LTZ Traverse - traded in an '07 Escalade for better MPG and interior design. I love being able to go from cargo hauling to 6 or 7 passengers without picking up 50 lb seats (like I had to in the Escalade). Power is good, LTZ has all the comforts (DVD, heated/cooled seats, bluetooth, ipod integration, etc.). Recently got 22 mpg on a 600 mile trip with 5 passengers and luggage. This is a very good vehicle.

Always needs someone repaired

Jeremy, 07/18/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car with about 45,000 miles. It currently has 86,000. Below is a summary of maintenance problems since we purchased the Traverse. Had newer tires when I purchased. Within 10,000 miles all kinds of front suspension/tires/driving problems started. In and out of the dealerships 7 times to fix the following problems: Power steering pump was failed and then the rack and pinon failed. Next they replaced both front wheel bearings and I needed to put on new tires! That fixed the power steering issue and terrible tire vibration. Since then I've put brakes and rotors on (no big deal) and had the engine coolant and transmission system flushed. No leaks prior but the next day I had a pile of engine coolant under the Traverse. I assumed the tech's didn't put something back on right or created a new issue. Apparently my water pump failed the next day after the engine coolant was replaced (76,000 miles). Bizarre coincidence since there wasn't a problem before. Parts and labor = another $730. The list goes on and on but I would NEVER recommend a Traverse. I have a chevy truck and love it but this Traverse is a POS.

Engine failure at 56,000 miles

Pa mad, 01/15/2016
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So many problems cheap interior, power .steering, stability trac, air conditioning failure when 2 yrs old.. Piece of crap.. Totally avoid.. I still own a 2000 power stoke f350. At 15 yrs old 170,000 miles still driven very often AC IS COLD still never refilled.. Only fix alternator and can positioning sensor... Total $ 250 cost.. In 15 yrs.. Going back to ford trucks.. Dependability and trade in value is important.. Shame on me for betraying Ford..

Cheaply assembled, Money Pit.

nathanrobert, 05/14/2013
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in July of 2010. We're at 50K miles now. Problems we've had that aren't normal wear-and-tear include: Interior and exterior parts snapping out of place too easily. "Service Stabilitrak" malfunction. Car stalls and reduces engine power unexpectly, Has happened numerous times even after being serviced. Very frustating issue. Cracked engine mount. Bearing failure with the steering column. AC non-funcitioning two springs in a row. Gas mileage has been unwhelming, that's was expected as we do mostly city driving. Car is decent when things are working, but overall, it's just bee a money pit with too many headaches for what was a brand new car when we purchased.

Worst car ever

Tony Iacono, 09/15/2018
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Complete engine failure at 66,000 miles - perfect maintenance with records to verify and I spent 2 months arguing with GM before they gave me a $2,500 voucher for a new vehicle. If GM is the heartbeat of America - we’ve flatlined. I’m going back to Toyota - better built, better value, better customer service.

12345...12