Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Auto Transmission a potential death trap

plumbobby0, 05/29/2011
LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile

J, 02/02/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

Built for safety!

keripatterson, 10/11/2011
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping

sailor1, 07/22/2011
LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Extremely Disappointed!`

Karol Kendall, 03/06/2015
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Chevy Traverse has been nothing but trouble. As others in this forum have stated, the front defrost does not work correctly. We live in a cold climate and the heater quit working. The first time we had a problem with the Stabilitrak, we took it to the dealer who said "they could find nothing wrong". After two more times of experiencing "reduced power", we took it in again. I experienced reduced power from 70 MPH to 40 MPH on the freeway it was extremely dangerous since I was accelerating in the left lane and had to try to work my way through traffic to exit the freeway, missed an important meeting and now the vehicle has been at the dealer for repairs, needing a new throttle body. This car continues to be problematic. None of the dealers who have worked on the car have been able to fix the Stabilitrak problem. We have spent quite a lot of money, but the problem continues. As soon as we decide what type of vehicle we want, we are getting rid of this car.

12345...12