Skip to main content

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
3.25 out of 5 stars

Auto Transmission a potential death trap

plumbobby0, 05/29/2011
LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

Also Consider
2022 GMC Acadia
Check out current offers on the GMC Acadia
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile

J, 02/02/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

1 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars
4.88 out of 5 stars

Built for safety!

keripatterson, 10/11/2011
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Looks good, spacious interior. Not real impressed overall.

scole134, 01/17/2015
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Traverse for less than a year & I'm dying to trade it in for something else. I love the look of the Traverse, but after owning one for a while now, the disappointments keep adding up. For one, it's horrible to drive in cold weather. It handles great, but the front defrost is the most useless thing ever made. The vent is like a foot wide & doesn't seem to blow outward at all. I can let the car warm up for a half hour & still have to scrape the sides of the windshield. Also, the heating system is flawed. When I change the temperature, it doesn't actually change, sometimes taking as long as 20 minutes to go from cold to hot. And now the check engine light is on because of a sensor.

5 out of 5 stars

Great Bang for the Buck

muthagoose, 07/07/2011
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2004 Saturn VUE AWD to make room for 3rd carseat and needed 3rd row. Also test drove Acadia,Enclave,Explorer,Pilot, and Highlander. Narrowed our choice between Highlander and Traverse. Both had very good ride and comfort, but Traverse won out primarily on room behind 3rd row (could not fit golf bag or stroller in Highlander if 3rd row up). Insisted on 2nd row captain's chairs for easier access to 3rd row (Pilot does not have this option). Would recommend captain's chairs if you plan on puting carseats in 2nd row, otherwise access to third row difficult. Almost have 1K miles on it and love it. Great get up & go when I need to pass someone. Very Happy so far.

12345...12