Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Worst car ever
By Tony Iacono

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Complete engine failure at 66,000 miles - perfect maintenance with records to verify and I spent 2 months arguing with GM before they gave me a $2,500 voucher for a new vehicle. If GM is the heartbeat of America - we’ve flatlined. I’m going back to Toyota - better built, better value, better customer service.

Worst suv ever
By Selso Rodriguez

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy a Chevy traverse, we own a 2009 ltz and it’s been problems after problems and only have had it for a year

Great car - for 75,000 miles only
By Anthony Joseph

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

piece of garbage - engine totally failed at 75,000 miles. Dealer says “sometimes it just happens.” Never had it happen before with any other car. Cannot get GM to return my call but dealer says maybe I can sell it for scrap metal. So many options I never considered. Car looks great -no dents, dings or damage so I guess it’ll be the best looking car in the junk yard! GM -you need to stand behind you product - the best part of your product shouldn’t be the salesman. Waiting 7 days for a call -crickets!

Highly recommend
By jason moyer

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

14mpg is scary I admit but really love everything about the vehicle.

Always needs someone repaired
By Jeremy

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car with about 45,000 miles. It currently has 86,000. Below is a summary of maintenance problems since we purchased the Traverse. Had newer tires when I purchased. Within 10,000 miles all kinds of front suspension/tires/driving problems started. In and out of the dealerships 7 times to fix the following problems: Power steering pump was failed and then the rack and pinon failed. Next they replaced both front wheel bearings and I needed to put on new tires! That fixed the power steering issue and terrible tire vibration. Since then I've put brakes and rotors on (no big deal) and had the engine coolant and transmission system flushed. No leaks prior but the next day I had a pile of engine coolant under the Traverse. I assumed the tech's didn't put something back on right or created a new issue. Apparently my water pump failed the next day after the engine coolant was replaced (76,000 miles). Bizarre coincidence since there wasn't a problem before. Parts and labor = another $730. The list goes on and on but I would NEVER recommend a Traverse. I have a chevy truck and love it but this Traverse is a POS.